IRS agent accidentally shot, killed by fellow agent during training at Phoenix gun range

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Other agencies have their own crimes they are responsible for. Example. In Indiana, we have State DNR Conservation Officers. They handle State game, wildlife, hunting, resource, etc. Same argument here, why can't local police handle DNR violations in their jurisdiction? DNR is very specialized to investigate and enforce those unique laws. I would do a **** poor job tryin to fill their shoes. I would also assume that US tax law is a unique to enforce and requires specialized knowledge. That is their only focus.

Also, old example, but Al Capone was arrest for tax evasion. I would not arrest him while unarmed. Lots of criminal organizations don't pay taxes. Many white collar criminals don't either. I prefer to be armed whenever I arrest ANYONE regardless of level of crime. If I am putting you in handcuffs, I'm armed. If the agent is responsible for enforcing Federal law and arresting people for those crimes, being armed seems reasonable.
    So to that I would say…. They keep the investigating branch if the irs… if they must. And they use the people that get bad guys all the time to do the “physical” work. Because once the orders come down it is my understanding the get the bad guy crew has little to any care what the actual crime is. They just know to apprehend. (I could be wrong)

but In your comparison it isn’t exactly fair because the DNR has all the fun toys for outdoor “apprehensions” the dangerous tax evader is the same as the guy who stole a care as far as apprehending goes. No special toys required. (That they don’t already have)

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So you’re telling me when serving a warrant it matters what the crime is?? Because I knew someone with a bench warrant ($200) and the house was surrounded like they were after elchapo ? So maybe it is a department by department issue ?

Or you can leave it vague and not explain how I’m wrong? Wouldn’t want to ruin your condescending one word comment lol

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So you’re telling me when serving a warrant it matters what the crime is??
    Sometimes
    Because I knew someone with a bench warrant ($200)
    "$200 Bench warrant" is vague. warrant for what? We get felony warrants with a $200 bond
    and the house was surrounded like they were after elchapo ?
    What does that mean? That officers were watching each side of the house during the warrant service? Or did they have armor and SWAT...like "El Chapo"?

So maybe it is a department by department issue ?
    Dept to dept and community to community
    Or you can leave it vague and not explain how I’m wrong? Wouldn’t want to ruin your condescending one word comment lol
    You ruined nothing

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sometimes

"$200 Bench warrant" is vague. warrant for what? We get felony warrants with a $200 bond

What does that mean? That officers were watching each side of the house during the warrant service? Or did they have armor and SWAT...like "El Chapo"?

Dept to dept and community to community

You ruined nothing
    Not felony it was for dog at large. Not arguing with you but what I am saying is the IRS does not need to enforce the laws. There are PLENTY of enforcement entities.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There's no shortage of law enforcement agencies. One might start to think with each new LE Agency created we creep further and further towards a full-blown police state. But that's silly talk. It's not like they are electronically tracking every vehicles movement and every phone call and faces entering a ball park and... IRS agents training to shoot civilians accidently shoot each other. Peachy.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We complain that "gun owners" are portrayed in a negative light in the media then statements like this are made to just bolster that sentiment. Classless.

If we were all portrayed in equal light….. this comment would be the LEAST of anyones worries. The left gets on national TV (be it a “news”channel talk show an awards show etc etc) and will literally call for death to conservatives, and not even get a second look. But tv1217 makes a joke and that’s the end of the world and he makes all gun owners look bad? Ok.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If we were all portrayed in equal light….. this comment would be the LEAST of anyones worries. The left gets on national TV (be it a “news”channel talk show an awards show etc etc) and will literally call for death to conservatives, and not even get a second look. But tv1217 makes a joke and that’s the end of the world and he makes all gun owners look bad? Ok.
    It's not the end of the world. My care ends when I leave this website. "Joking" about killing Federal employees, or anyone really, is bad form. I know more than most here regarding the media's unbalanced reporting and the crazies on the Left. It's wholly unfair and there is NOTHING I can do about it OTHER than not give them any "low hanging fruit" incidents for them to cling onto. We are gun owners here. What we say here represents ALL gun owners to those who don't share our ideology. How I act off-duty impacts officers on the other side of the Country. It's like that until I die as retirement doesn't remove that burden. If you don't think a single negative gun owner will represent ALL to the anti's then I'm not sure what else to say about it.

Top Bottom