• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anybody else pre ordered theirs yet? I just pre ordered the 32gb black one. Looks like it's going to be a great phone.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm not worthy. My phone is Samsung flip fone. If I could only figure out how to remove the 1 pixel camera. My kids have older Iphones.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I refuse to pay an inflated fad price for something I will get for a hundred bucks in April when my renewal comes around. Until then, iPhone4 will do just fine

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I might pick one up in October when my contract is up for renewal and I can get it cheaper. The 5 is supposed to be quite a bit quicker for web browsing than the 4. We're kind of stuck with the iPhone because of being grandfathered into the unlimited data plans, or I'd consider looking at the Samsung.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We also have unlimited data plans and are here forever. Haven't pre-ordered but my wife and I are due. We used to have overlapping contracts so she'd renew and get a new phone, then I get hers. The. I'd renew and she'd get the new phone....

I stil have a 3gs. REALLY looking forward to a 5 simply because my battery life is awful in this phone now

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'll be getting one, once the initial rush settles down and any potential bugs are worked out. Probably in a month or so. I'm due for a new phone and this one looks great.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have been up for an upgrade for awhile. I currently have the 4 and my wife has the 4S. I wasn't going to upgrade to the 4S and was waiting on the 5. I got the 32gb for $299. I also have the unlimited data plan from back when I had my 3.

These phones cost a lot and so do their monthly plans but I get far more value out of my iphone than I do satelite tv. If you use your phone smartly, it's not hard to recoup your costs in savings when you shop, etc. Plus it gives me something to do when out shopping with the wife, etc.

Otterbox is also taking pre orders for iphone 5 cases and I just put in my pre order for a black case. Knock on every tree in my woods, I've had 2 different iphones for about 4 years now and haven't broke a single phone yet. I've always had an otterbox case and won't be without one or something similar. I carry my phone in my back pocket and it takes some abuse while crawling around at work. If my phone comes in first, I don't think I'll activate it til my case comes in.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'll be getting one, once the initial rush settles down and any potential bugs are worked out. Probably in a month or so. I'm due for a new phone and this one looks great.

The nice thing about pre ordering off of the website is I don't have to go to all the stores looking to see who has one in stock.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Well now you can throw away all of the accessories you have for the 4/4s as Apple in their infinite attempt to grab money designed this one so that you need to buy all new chargers, docking stations, cables etc. I'm not sure about any adapters that might be available.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well now you can throw away all of the accessories you have for the 4/4s as Apple in their infinite attempt to grab money designed this one so that you need to buy all new chargers, docking stations, cables etc. I'm not sure about any adapters that might be available.

$30 adapter. It's been years since they changed, hard for me to ding them since it resulted in a slimmer phone. Had to happen sometime.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

It looks like you can get a 30 pin dock to lightning adapter for about $30 but you can get the usb to lighning cable for $19. I have an iphone 3 (ipod for daughter), 4 (probably will be my daughter's new ipod), 4s, and an ipad so I'll still have plenty of use my current cables.

One thing I read about their new cable is that in can be inserted in either direction. That will be a plus when trying to plug it in in the dark. Over time, I'll add a few lightning cables to the arsenal.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    It looks like you can get a 30 pin dock to lightning adapter for about $30 but you can get the usb to lighning cable for $19. I have an iphone 3 (ipod for daughter), 4 (probably will be my daughter's new ipod), 4s, and an ipad so I'll still have plenty of use my current cables.

One thing I read about their new cable is that in can be inserted in either direction. That will be a plus when trying to plug it in in the dark. Over time, I'll add a few lightning cables to the arsenal.

That design change I can get behind! Seems like it is ALWAYS upside down when I try to plug it in.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That design change I can get behind! Seems like it is ALWAYS upside down when I try to plug it in.

Yep!

I'm thinking I'm just going to buy new usb - lightning cables. They're $19 each through Apple or about $12 on ebay. I hate to waste my money on the ebay cables if they're going to be junk. The only places I will really be plugging my phone in are my night stand, car, truck, and motorcycle. Buying the adapter would be cheaper but I'm not going to want to have to take the adapter with me everywhere I go.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was really looking forward to ordering it, but I got hit with an unexpected $300 bill for an X-ray that my insurance doesn't want to cover. So I'll just hang on to my iPhone 4 for another year. Before my 3GS I hung on to phones for a long time, so no big deal. I like the form factor of the 4 and am rather ambivolent about going to a bigger phone anyways.

Newegg.com - IPHONE5ACC if you order an iPhone 5 case they are throwing in a free car charger right now. Cases start at like $6, which makes for a cheap car charger if you won't use the cass ;) hopefully Monoprice comes out with some cheap lightning cables soon.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN

My cheapo Monoprice 30 pin cable has an indentation on it, so I can plug the phone in easily in the dark. I always have trouble plugging in the iPad because I use the Apple charger.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have been up for an upgrade for awhile. I currently have the 4 and my wife has the 4S. I wasn't going to upgrade to the 4S and was waiting on the 5. I got the 32gb for $299. I also have the unlimited data plan from back when I had my 3.

These phones cost a lot and so do their monthly plans but I get far more value out of my iphone than I do satelite tv. If you use your phone smartly, it's not hard to recoup your costs in savings when you shop, etc. Plus it gives me something to do when out shopping with the wife, etc.

Otterbox is also taking pre orders for iphone 5 cases and I just put in my pre order for a black case. Knock on every tree in my woods, I've had 2 different iphones for about 4 years now and haven't broke a single phone yet. I've always had an otterbox case and won't be without one or something similar. I carry my phone in my back pocket and it takes some abuse while crawling around at work. If my phone comes in first, I don't think I'll activate it til my case comes in.

Have you ever heard of the "lifecase"? My friend, a Marine, has one and swears by them. His survived a tour overseas and all kinds of hiking. A couple weeks ago he left it on the bumper of his Jeep and drove off on accident. He heard it hit the ground around 30 MPH and when he got stopped and found it, it was sitting face down in a puddle. The phone is not harmed in the least.

iPhone Cases and iPad Cases | LifeProof

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    My cheapo Monoprice 30 pin cable has an indentation on it, so I can plug the phone in easily in the dark. I always have trouble plugging in the iPad because I use the Apple charger.

I love monoprice. That is where all of my cables come from. Top notch quality.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN

The AT&T store in Columbus told me that apple is selling charging adapters at the store at Keystone and online. For now that's hearsay, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Have you ever heard of the "lifecase"? My friend, a Marine, has one and swears by them. His survived a tour overseas and all kinds of hiking. A couple weeks ago he left it on the bumper of his Jeep and drove off on accident. He heard it hit the ground around 30 MPH and when he got stopped and found it, it was sitting face down in a puddle. The phone is not harmed in the least.

iPhone Cases and iPad Cases | LifeProof

They are almost like taking out an $80 insurance policy on your phone.

Top Bottom