• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    1. How do I put pictures from the net onto my phone for wallpapers? Since I downloaded the latest version of itunes to accommodate the i5, I know longer have a folder for pictures.

2. Is there a way to delete apps that come with the phone? If not, how in the hell do I get the newsstand into a folder? I'm guessing it won't go into a folder because it is a folder, but it's really annoying. (I know I can just move it to the last page, but that's just a band aid.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I made a folder for allt he non deletable apps. You probably can, but I couldn't figure it out either.

For pics, Just touch and hold on them and it should ask you save image/copy. Just save it then you can change your wallpaper.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I made a folder for allt he non deletable apps. You probably can, but I couldn't figure it out either.

For pics, Just touch and hold on them and it should ask you save image/copy. Just save it then you can change your wallpaper.

Since the newsstand is a folder, it won't let you put it in a new folder.

I read that if you drag and drop an app "into" another app, if you hurry you can drop the newsstand in there as the folder is being created, but that was from well over a year ago, so I guess the 5 is just that much faster than the 4 and it won't let you.

Pictures look like crap when you save them from the phone for some reason. That's why I wanted to save the larger image from my comp and transfer it to the iphone.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    What kind of computer do you have?

If you have a Mac, just set up iPhoto to sync with your phone. You can drop whatever images you want in there and they will be transferred when you sync.

Another option is just opening an image in safari, tapping it once so it's loaded in its own window within Safari when press and hold your finger on the image for a second. The option to save the picture should come up.

If all else fails, get the image loaded up in safari full screen and take a screenshot by holding down the home and power button and the same time. The screen will flash white then save the image in your photos.

There is no good way of deleting apps that come with the phone. The folder option is the best you're going to get.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have a PC, but I don't want anything syncing with my phone/comp. I like doing everything manually.

Again, folder option: You can't even put the newsstand into a folder. It just has to be it's separate thing. I was wondering if there was a way to at least get it into a folder.

Why don't they let you delete **** off of YOUR phone that you don't want? Stupid.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Pics get resized if iTunes syncs them. I use Dropbox or google drive to access full res pics on iPhone and iPad.

You can't delete them unless you jailbreak, apple knows best.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Pics get resized if iTunes syncs them. I use Dropbox or google drive to access full res pics on iPhone and iPad.

You can't delete them unless you jailbreak.

But you can't really resize a pic to a better resolution, can you? I have drop box on my phone, but it doesn't seem like dropping a pic from my comp and opening it on my phone will do anything.

I finally found a hi-res pic I wanted, so I won't really be worried about it until I want a new one.

Since the phone is so new and I have found every app I need/want for free or really cheap, I don't feel like ruining my warranty just yet by jailbreaking.

Is there a JB for the 5?

apple knows best

Ugh, they are so proprietary it makes me sick...but their phones are so good I can't help myself.:):

I didn't have an iphone for over a year and now that I have the 5 I honestly don't know how I made it for that long without one.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Better resolution: not really. You can blow pics up with graphics tools, and there are lots of specialty tools to do it "better", but none are really great. Printcraft has some and is very good at it, if you need some. I would imagine RobbyMaq, too.

Jailbreak for 5: yes, but it's pretty tightly held right now, or last time I checked. Not widely distributed yet.

Top Bottom