• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Maybe someday we'll be like you in IN...

My name is John Boch and I'm the VP of Guns Save Life, a regional gun rights organization in east central IL.

We're perhaps most famous for those pro-gun Burma-shave style highway signs you might have seen along I-74 in IL or elsewhere in IL.

We also have a pretty nice monthly journal called GunNews Magazine that has a distribution of about 10-11K/month.

Personally, I live and breath guns. I'm a pistol and rifle instructor and love teaching primarily civilians how to fight with a gun.

I'm an office jockey during the week and dropped by primarily to ask a question about car breakins at the Indy1500, but I also spend a fair time of my spare time and money in IN recreationally and enjoy reading about open carry activities in IN. Not much left for you guys to accomplish besides VT-style carry after you got that lifetime permit a few years ago.

It's a short drive to the fresh, free air of IN compared to the stifling, disarmed air of the people's republic of IL. At least after next year we should have right to carry.

All the best.

J

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Welcome to :ingo: John! Now that you have asked your question, hopefully you'll stick around and continue to participate!

At least after next year we should have right to carry.

:orly:

I obviously haven't kept up on the activities of our friends to the west with regard to restoring their RKBA... care to fill us in on how the fight has been going?

Last edited:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Welcome to INGO and thank you for all that your organization does. I am a graduate of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, right in your neck of the woods.

At least after next year we should have right to carry.

I hate to say this, but dream on. Illinois will never have right to carry legislation unless Illinois is split into more than one state, or some constitutional provision demands it. The state of Chicago will be "right denied" so long as a democratically-elected legislature can make that decision.

I think that's unfortunate, because Illinois is my home. I don't plan on ever living there again, however, because the state is lost.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi John;

I've got kinfolk in Champaign-Urbana, Rantoul, Mohomet and I see those signs all the time when I come over to visit them ------unarmed of course.
    Well, welcome to the group, maybe November will be your chance to overthrough the Chicago machine and take back your country from the gangsters.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom