• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm putting this here because of the relation to an expected presidential executive order:

A text I received from Midway this morning. Apparently Midway is expecting an EO to come out soon.

We have processed your backorder.
    Dear GFGT,

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Somebody answer a question for me: IF some kind of executive order is issued, will that prevent a LGS or any company from processing or completion an order that was already paid for? Or the purchase of a rifle that has been place on hold/layaway?

I know that can be inferred from the text in the OP, but I guess I'm looking for a direct answer from a LGS or someone in the industry.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Somebody answer a question for me: IF some kind of executive order is issued, will that prevent a LGS or any company from processing or completion an order that was already paid for? Or the purchase of a rifle that has been place on hold/layaway?

I know that can be inferred from the text in the OP, but I guess I'm looking for a direct answer from a LGS or someone in the industry.

Good question. I guess it depends on how they word it. Looks like Midway is assuming worst case.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Just my opinion but I would think it would depend completely on the context of the executive order. If they banned items but allowed grandfathering of currently owned items I would think they would be allowed to fulfill any order/layway already paid for since technically an individual already owns them.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN

I was wondering the samething. If nothing else, see if you can complete the 4473 form now if you haven't already.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was wondering the samething. If nothing else, see if you can complete the 4473 form now if you haven't already.

I don't think you can complete the 4473 and leave the item in inventory. That would probably be a huge issue if a surprise inspection occurred. :dunno:

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Is it just me or does any one else think Mr. O is getting carried away with these "Executive Orders" He has made more they probably the last several Presidents combined! Whats up with this? I think this would directly interfere with commerce and since its not Congressional approved, should be illegal if I am understanding correctly. OR...............?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is it just me or does any one else think Mr. O is getting carried away with these "Executive Orders" He has made more they probably the last several Presidents combined! Whats up with this? I think this would directly interfere with commerce and since its not Congressional approved, should be illegal if I am understanding correctly. OR...............?

You understand correctly. Many of the EOs issued are illegal (No, I can't give specific examples at this time; I just remember thinking this at the time the EO was announced). However, no one in Congress will oppose them. Boehner should act to rescind or disallow the illegal EO, but since he agrees with them he does nothing. Only Congress has the authority to nullify the EO and Congress refuses, or lacks the courage, to do so.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

No, he hasn't. The truth is out there if you actually look. He hasn't set the high score and isn't close.

Executive Orders

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    You understand correctly. Many of the EOs issued are illegal (No, I can't give specific examples at this time; I just remember thinking this at the time the EO was announced). However, no one in Congress will oppose them. Boehner should act to rescind or disallow the illegal EO, but since he agrees with them he does nothing. Only Congress has the authority to nullify the EO and Congress refuses, or lacks the courage, to do so.

Boehner should immediately move to impeach if they try this, but I doubt he will.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I strongly suspect there will be quite a legal fight over any EO. I'm sure the day one is issued there will be an immediate case filed. The NRA, SAF, GOA, and others are pretty good at strategically filing these cases. In the current environment I hope they work together.

I also want to point out that of the 3 groups above the NRA is the one that is most likely to compromise. In addition to our legislators the NRA needs to get the message that there should be NO changes to the current status of firearm laws that will create more restrictions. They need to squash this effort immediately and get back to removing current restrictions.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I strongly suspect there will be quite a legal fight over any EO. I'm sure the day one is issued there will be an immediate case filed. The NRA, SAF, GOA, and others are pretty good at strategically filing these cases. In the current environment I hope they work together.

I also want to point out that of the 3 groups above the NRA is the one that is most likely to compromise. In addition to our legislators the NRA needs to get the message that there should be NO changes to the current status of firearm laws that will create more restrictions. They need to squash this effort immediately and get back to removing current restrictions

I think they got that message back in 94 when they knuckled under and compromised our rights then. They took a serious hit in the membership department as did congress.

I just hope they remember.

Top Bottom