Interesting rifle, and a gun banners nightmare?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I stumbled upon this and it looks like a pretty interesting rifle. Accurate rifles are always interesting. This appears to be very interesting! It comes in several variants, and 2 calibers. Not cheap, prices start about $2300, go up to roughly $3500, depending on options. The gun pictured below is on the lower end of the price scale.

But here is where things get interesting. This is a NON-AR15 rifle that USES standard AR15 magazines. So now we have a true WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING in this gun . . . a true target grade semi-auto, not based on military design, capable of shooting the eye out of a rabbit at 100 yards, and capable of all the things that the gun banning Brady crowd don't like, but neatly wrapped up in a nice looking "traditional" package.

I think I might have to find one of these.
    Introducing … the Volquartsen Evolution, our very first semi-auto, tack driving centerfire rifle. It’s a logical next step in our growth and a worthy addition to our line of world class custom firearms.

11.jpg

Like all Volquartsen custom firearms, we designed and manufacture the Evolution right by using our own CNC-machined stainless steel receivers, trigger guard, bolt and other exclusive precision parts as well as our own custom-rifled barrels. In time-tested .223 caliber or hot new .204 Ruger, Evolution is a gas-operated powerhouse that’s equally at home on a bench at your favorite range, or on the hunt for western prairie dogs, eastern woodchucks, or all-too universal coyotes. With an Evolution equipped with virtually any AR-15 magazine, you’re ready to start making a statement with headshots or x-rings at any distance.

119.jpg

Want to see what real centerfire performance is all about? Look for an Evolution at your local gun shop or shooting range. They’ll be everywhere soon.
    This version looks sweet, in the $2600 price range so only a small premium above the base model:
    123.jpg

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    A 10/223! Interesting, but why is it so expensive?
    10/22 is a blowback gun. This is a gas operated gun. But as to the cost, the more I consider it the more it looks like a bargain. Consider a basic AR15 at roughly $850. Upgrade the trigger to a custom trigger, the cost goes up about $200-$250. Upgrade the upper receiver to a billet receiver, the cost goes up another $100. Upgrade the lower receiver to a billet lower, the cost goes up another $100. Swap out the barrel with a true target grade barrel and the cost can go up $500 to $800. Change out the dual point handguard to a free float system and the cost goes up $200. Have it professionally headspaced and the cost goes up another $100+. Replace the stock wtih something suitable for target shooting and the cost goes up another $200.

So compared to a high grade AR15, which can EASILY top $2500, this gun, at roughly $2300 MSRP, looks like a real value.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It won't scare the gun grabbers at all and here's why:

1) You can't shoot it "from the hip"
    2) It's not black
    3) No shoulder thing that goes up

I'm being facetious, of course, but my point is that their criteria for banning guns never make any sense. The actual functionality is irrelevant.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It won't scare the gun grabbers at all and here's why:

1) You can't shoot it "from the hip"
    2) It's not black
    3) No shoulder thing that goes up
    BUT THOSE ARE EXACTLY WHY THEY SHOULD BE SCARED.

This gun looks like a fancy target rifle and very much like a hunting rifle. This rifle will be banned under the newly proposed wording of the AWB because of the ability to accept detachable magazines. So this IS an assault rifle under that wording. But if the public sees this rifle, and others of similar design they will not buy the hype that these are 'assault weapons' as the gun banners claim. This type of rifle is actually what we need to win the public relations war and show that the gun banners make no sense with their gun control schemes.

The fact that it is NOT everything on their "visual" list actually works in our favor.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Great rig! Volquartsen is a damn nice company to work with, my father has a pair of his 17HMR's, and they are as accurate to 150 as our Les Baer's. What a sweet gun!

Top Bottom