• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Went to Wallster to pick up a few groceries and a tube of Loctite Blue. Moving from one side of the store to the other takes me past the ammo counter so naturally I take a look and they had a few 325 boxes of Federal Automatch 22LR. Of course I bought my 3 box limit. Checking out, there was no ID/age check or anything. I am 70 but the checkout lady never asked or commented at all, just rang me up. I left the counter, picked up the Loctite and headed up front to the self checkout. When scanning my stuff I noticed it said the Loctite was age restricted and had to be reset by the helper before I could continue.

I know I do not get out much but when did it change that I could buy bullets without an ID but I can't by Loctite?

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    A couple of months ago I bought a #8 opinel folding knife and two shirts at Cabelas in Hammond, the cashier rang up the items and then asked to see my drivers license. I asked her why and she told me a note popped up on the computer screen saying she had to because of the item I was buying. She pointed to the knife, she didn't even know what it was. A younger cashier came over and whispered something I couldn't hear. She turned to me and said never mind and rang me up . ???

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I think the key statement in your testimonial was, "When scanning my stuff I noticed it said..."

The machine has no idea who is doing the scanning. Also restricted; spray paint, various DVDs, glues/adhesives, certain OTC medications.

Since purchasers are now expected to be unpaid employees in the procurement process, the computers are being left to enforce store policy...until the yellow-vest shows up to make sure you're legit. Thank you litigious society!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Computers...'smart' phones...etc., are only as competent as the idiot who programs them and they merely try to 'anticipate' issues.
    There's nothing better than having an adult-level human being standing there handing the issues in a competent manner.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I think the key statement in your testimonial was, "When scanning my stuff I noticed it said..."

The machine has no idea who is doing the scanning. Also restricted; spray paint, various DVDs, glues/adhesives, certain OTC medications.

Since purchasers are now expected to be unpaid employees in the procurement process, the computers are being left to enforce store policy...until the yellow-vest shows up to make sure you're legit. Thank you litigious society!
    Man, some of you folks are really pissed off about the self checkout thing.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Man, some of you folks are really pissed off about the self checkout thing.
    Not pissed off, just acknowledging the shift of values away from personal interaction, admiring the ability to bring us low-low prices by eliminating service, and the ability of a retailer to attempt to protect itself from liability by restricting certain purchases until verified by an actual person the age of the buyer. It seems like an obvious, yet odd development to me.

I didn't intend for this to bleed over from the other thread.

I use the self-check stations when my load is light. I might not like the on-set of a cashless society either, but there isn't anything I'm able to do to stop it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know I do not get out much but when did it change that I could buy bullets without an ID but I can't by Loctite?
    Is it possible the computer is smart enough (programmed properly) that if there is more than one age restricted item, and that age is the same for both items potentially, then it aggregates and only prompts once? (22 LR is considered both a rifle and a handgun round so it's age restriction could be 18 for example, along with loctite)... just a thought.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is it possible the computer is smart enough (programmed properly) that if there is more than one age restricted item, and that age is the same for both items potentially, then it aggregates and only prompts once? (22 LR is considered both a rifle and a handgun round so it's age restriction could be 18 for example, along with loctite)... just a thought.
    They do. Ive been carded for spray paint and when I scanned the beer later it didnt ask for a check again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Drug addicts. Huffing.

tribettmug1.jpg

Top Bottom