• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm a picture guy, I don't take very good pictures, however I do take them.

197526530.jpg

337482151.jpg

Personal Thoughts on the M6.

I own two, the first one I paid about 230 for a used one off ebay years ago when laser lights were rare on handguns. I say 162 sounds like a fair deal. Then one day at the 1500 I so happend to stubble on a very good deal on a flat dark earth m6, (180). I couldn't pass it up, and I had room on my AR for one.

I like them, They work. They could use some improvements, for example, I'm not to fond of the plastic they used for the body's construction.
    They produce a very bright spotlight, and feature a strong beam that won't burn your eyes out like some chineese knockoffs.
    I have never tested the laser outside or at great distances, but I do use it at indoor ranges. I can't see the laser dot durring the day, and Wilbur Wright closes at 5.
    I have successfully poked some holes in paper with the laser, however a laser doesn't replace your irons. I like to hand it to my friends who don't shoot often. I say this because you can visually see how stable the handgun is before a shot is taken. A common thing I have noticed among friends is that before taking a shot, the laser takes a bit of a dive due to anticipation of recoil. When my buddies see what they did, they usually are quicker to correcting this issue.
    Keep in mind that the laser is about 2 and a half inches from the barrel. For some reason they decided to put the laser under the flashlight, however, the closer to barrel the more consistent the laser is going to be to the actual point of impact. I sighted in my laser at a distance of about 45 feet, which is about as far back as the range at popguns goes. I shot these with the laser on at pops the other week.

352905362.jpg

As you can see, I put an end on the Squirely Jihad.
    ;)
    the head shot was taken at 45 feet, and the shots around the circle were taken at about 35 feet. Several shots are low from me compensating for the poa/poi differences (about an inch at this distance). (ignore the .22 shots on the orange)

352907070.jpg

This one has too many differnt shots from several weapons, I'm not even going to try to break it down.

I make no claims to being very good with a handgun even with a laser, but I will make the statement that it was fun, and the laser is something different. Seeing the gunsmoke light up with the light on is neat, and seeing the beam appear after you shoot a magazine is as well.

When I want to make a precise shot, I'll use my irons, but when I am having fun or working on a steady grip, I'll use my laser.

If I were in the market for a new laser light setup, I would go with the newer lasermax rail laser and put a surefire underneath it, that way the laser is about an inch closer to the barrel then on the m6.

Tell me what you think of the m6 once you try it out.
    Pictures are always a +

Last edited:
    Top Bottom