• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Just inlaid white on my xdm and m&p shield. What do you think?

d956745a9c80c471e6e38805b3095330.jpg

6ee953707cba26acc4bed23550d154f3.jpg

b2f75a7bff2fc3619f0ff40cfb751bc5.jpg

dae43128581c9a0949c819ad5dcb96a5.jpg

Shisou

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Nice work! I had thought about doing this to my xDM 3.8, but using red instead of white. I really like the white on yours though. now I'm torn.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I used the nail polish method. I don't like the idea of putting crayon wax on my guns. Seems like something you'd do to a plastic toy, and seems like it'd wear off and look crappy in a hurry.

Method I used was:
    1). Wipe area off with alcohol
    2). Paint over the area with nail polish
    3). Let it dry a bit
    4). Wipe off the surface with acetone free nail polish remover on paper towel. Make sure it's not too wet with nail polish remover or you'll remove the paint in the lettering
    5). Repeat until you think it looks all filled in. I did 3 layers
    6). Let it dry completely, then lube up the metal with a good gun lube since it'll be really dry from the alcohol cleaning

Only took about 30 minutes to do both guns. I had thought about red and gold too. But figured the white would look a bit more classy. I think it'll look slick with any of those, though.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I used the nail polish method. I don't like the idea of putting crayon wax on my guns. Seems like something you'd do to a plastic toy, and seems like it'd wear off and look crappy in a hurry.

Method I used was:
    1). Wipe area off with alcohol
    2). Paint over the area with nail polish
    3). Let it dry a bit
    4). Wipe off the surface with acetone free nail polish remover on paper towel. Make sure it's not too wet with nail polish remover or you'll remove the paint in the lettering
    5). Repeat until you think it looks all filled in. I did 3 layers
    6). Let it dry completely, then lube up the metal with a good gun lube since it'll be really dry from the alcohol cleaning

Only took about 30 minutes to do both guns. I had thought about red and gold too. But figured the white would look a bit more classy. I think it'll look slick with any of those, though.

Isnt that what those ARE!?!? Being tactical tupperware and dishwasher safe and all that. :)::lol2:

Kidding aside, looks great, really sets 'em off.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Hahaha, bet you can't sterilize your m96 in the dishwasher. I like to keep my guns CLEAN.

I dont think they make water hot enough, a commercial dishwasher strong enough or a solvent tough enough to CLEAN the ugly off them plastic rigs.:p:lmfao:

**edit** at least they aint GLOCK ugly...so there IS hope!

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I dont think they make water hot enough, a commercial dishwasher strong enough or a solvent tough enough to CLEAN the ugly off them plastic rigs.:p:lmfao:

**edit** at least they aint GLOCK ugly...so there IS hope!

I was under the impression that simple green would do the trick. Should I use aircraft stripper next time:dunno:

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    looks upside down to me! but still nice offset to the guns.

Photobucket has been screwing up my photos from the iPad. They appear right side up to me unless i use my desktop. Seems to be a glitch somewhere in the apple software.

You guys with non apple products can have fun viewing upside down pics hahaha

Top Bottom