Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Photos by Jake Martens?

Originally Jake supplied some photos. They were deemed unfit. I submitted yours, with your approval, which were outstanding along with your name and USPSA number. I explained they were from the monthly match not the match being written about.

Someone either cannot understand english or they don't care. I am not sure which. I was told the article would not likely run because the match did not pay the activity fees for the match. I said nothing in reply because after buying the giveaway guns we could not afford to spend much more money. To my surprise the thing ran.

I tried to be up front and honest and get some publicity for the shooting going on in Indiana. Wires were crossed, USPSA memberships were lapsed, fees were not paid, the weather sucked, we needed pictures to get the article printed, I frankly don't give a damn.

There it is. Take it or leave it.:patriot:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Originally Jake supplied some photos. They were deemed unfit. I submitted yours, with your approval, which were outstanding along with your name and USPSA number. I explained they were from the monthly match not the match being written about.

Someone either cannot understand english or they don't care. I am not sure which. I was told the article would not likely run because the match did not pay the activity fees for the match. I said nothing in reply because after buying the giveaway guns we could not afford to spend much more money. To my surprise the thing ran.

I tried to be up front and honest and get some publicity for the shooting going on in Indiana. Wires were crossed, USPSA memberships were lapsed, fees were not paid, the weather sucked, we needed pictures to get the article printed, I frankly don't give a damn.

Good enough. Message to Robin inbound.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Apologies if I came off a bit ticked off, but I was. I worked hard taking those, refining them in post-production, and a I have a chunk of change rapped up in that gear. I expect to get credit for my work - period.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Apologies if I came off a bit ticked off, but I was. I worked hard taking those, refining them in post-production, and a I have a chunk of change rapped up in that gear. I expect to get credit for my work - period.

You should, and I imagine you will. I sent your name and number in with them after I asked you about it. But that is up to Robin. I would not know why he would not put the correction in the next isssue.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

I had been feeling bad about the don't give a damn comment. It is poorly worded. I meant for the proper byline for the pictures to appear. My frustration was the numerous hoops to get the article printed and now more to get things made right.

Articles and picutres in Front Sight or any magazine greatly help the local shooting sports, but it would be easier at times to grow a new set of wisdom teeth that go through the process.

Sorry to slow1911's for my insensitivity.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm just wondering how many readers will notice and comment on Craigs Limited gun in "Production/SingleStack" match?

Being a Glock they cannot tell from the picture. He is Production legal is down loaded to ten rounds.

Top Bottom