• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Not sure if they allow Annie Oakleys out there but I will try to find out soon. So far its looking like 20 people so far, always room for more!

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if they allow Annie Oakleys out there but I will try to find out soon. So far its looking like 20 people so far, always room for more!

I doubt Sharon would have a problem with that. I think the biggest issues would be shooting from the 27 yd line for some. I suppose we could do something like this from the 20 and work our way backwards.

Hehe, it may also be a problem for guys like me with semi-autos ejecting shells into the the next guys face. Not a problem for me, but I'm not sure the guy next to me would feel the same way!!! Of course, that would probably mean I would never be eliminated :rockwoot:

Preliminarily count me in....I don't expect anything to come up but that's further than I've scheduled for! Do remember the Indy 1500 is that weekend so it might cut down the shooter count.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This sounds like great fun... Wonder if the gang at MCF&G ever does this as trap is winding down?

Annie Oakley is a popular elimination game in which a number of shooters are positioned in a line located a prescribed distance from the trap house. The first shooter calls for the target and attempts to break it. If successful, the turn passes to the next shooter on the right. If the first shooter misses the target the second shooter has the option to shoot at it. If the second shooter hits the target, the first shooter is eliminated from the competition. If both the first and second shooters miss the target, the third shooter has the option to shoot at it. If successful, both the first and second shooters are eliminated from the competition. This continues until only one person is left.

Driller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Noblesville
    Yes it is trap 1 bird 1 shot

1 shell in the shotgun at a time; 1 clay per pull; Shot size is up to you, I prefer 8 some prefer 7.5; 1 round consists of 25 clays from 5 different stations, 5 clays per station. You have 1 shot to attempt to break the clay. Hope that helps.

If anyone has further questions on this event please post your questions here and I will get answers posted ASAP. Thanks:ingo:
    I am In.
    Most skeet, trap, sporting clay facilities will not let you shoot bird shot, such as 6's and 4's, the shot carries much further. The most common sizes are 7.5, 8 and 9. I have shot at kingens several times and Sharon is great. If you are new to actual trap shooting, she is a great instructor and will help to introduce you to the sport and get you to breaking some targets.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Not sure I know ya. But if you don't I'd be happy to loan you 1. I got 2 Rem 1100 / 12 ga, 1 Rem/ 20 ga plus various others:

Thanks I appreciate your offer!

My old remington humpback is still having a feeding issue. Sometime it cycles fine and others the shell seems to get hung up coming out of the magazine tube (or something) and fails to cycle.

The mag tube was replaced, but that didn't help:dunno:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    If you can load into the chamber you can still use the gun to shoot trap as they only allow 1 round in the gun at a time.

Thanks I appreciate your offer!

My old remington humpback is still having a feeding issue. Sometime it cycles fine and others the shell seems to get hung up coming out of the magazine tube (or something) and fails to cycle.

The mag tube was replaced, but that didn't help:dunno:

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Was wanting to get a INGO trap shoot together and see how many folks would be interested. The shoot would be at Kingen Gun Club in Greenfield/Mt. Comfort. The cost would be $5 for a round (25 birds). The event would be open to all skill levels from beginners on up, so everyone would be welcome. They will hold a short 5-10 minute safety talk and if there are beginners there, there will be some seasoned shooters that work there to offer short training sessions. I am trying to have this together for Saturday October 23 12 noon so if you are interested give me a "I'm in" and let me know how many would be coming along. Let me know by Oct. 16 so I can let them know how many will be attending. Thanks :ingo:

Location for GPS/ mapquest... 5112 W 500 N McCordsville, IN 46055

So, Slim. Is this a for sure on the 23rd or still just a plan? If this is not for sure I need to consider other options.

Top Bottom