• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    OK, I have a dilemma to which I can't figure out a solution.

I am in the process of remodeling our bathroom. House was built in the 20's, but bath has had some leaks and such that have were repaired long before we bought it. In the process of repairing the broken pipes and such, whoever did it chopped the crap out of the 1x6 diagonal laid subfloor. Now as I am doing the remodel, I am realizing that they chopped the subfloor even with the interior wall. The floor joist (ceiling joist of living room) is about 8 inches on either side of the interior wall where they cut the subfloor, so there is no where to support the new subfloor on the edge (interior wall is parallel to floor joists) I am planning on putting down tile, so I will need good support so the tile doesn't crack. Anyone know what i need to do to support the edges of the subfloor?

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    joist hangers .50 cents per . any store . will go any where . use screws if you don't have room to swing a hammer . and some 2 X whatever will fit . you'll be fine .Add floor layer . tile . done. :)

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I forgot something , put some caulk or joist glue on top of the 2 x ? to avoid floor squeaks .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom