• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you carry at the polls on November 2?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I started this one to collect After-Action Reports on Election Day carry issues. Please go out and vote in this year's midterm elections and then come vote in my poll.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I vote at the Lions Club park in Clermont, I usually carry IWB but make no effort to really cover my firearm

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Unfortunately my polling place is a small country elementary school in bfe, I will however be wearing my holster, empty of course and my colt sweat shirt have for 6 yrs now

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Jack Ryan and I met up at our polling place waaaaayyy too early (sorry Jack...) and both OCed, though it was hard for me since my jacket kept wanting to cover my weapon. There were no funny looks, no one said anything, and no JBTs showed up. Not that I really expected anything less at a rural VFD.

Maybe I should have been carrying my .50bmg?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was in line at 0600 this morning waiting for the Polls to open. I don't often OC, so where I voted my CC wasn't an issue, although, in past years I've left my Glock in the car.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Slight hiccup in polling but no real issue.

Went to vote at 7:30am.

Everything was going great until the lady checking people noticed my OC'd firearm.

She said "OH MY! You cant have that on the premises" to which I replied that I respectfully disagree. I politely added that in Indiana, as long as the polling is not conducted at a state owned building or a school, you are allowed to carry.

A couple of the others in the room said things like "wow, well, that sounds official, he rattled that right off!" to which the lady replied "well it SOUNDS official, but I still don't think it's allowed"

+1 to Tom Burris (a gentleman working the polls) who said "I believe he is 100% correct but I am willing to call and ask" to which polling lady stated "yes please do"

Tom called, and I heard (the handset was loud) the lady on the phone who said "um.. wow, nobody has asked me that before, let me check" and he was informed that I was indeed allowed to carry, but if any thing crazy happened to call the police. (this was said in a joking tone) and Tom laughed and said "you are fine"

I then proceeded to vote. :)

As I stood in line 2 or 3 of the gentlemen standing around me discussed handgun laws and we discussed how we hate Illinois.

The original lady was nice enough, don't get me wrong, just misinformed. It was interesting how a couple of people went from very nice to "standoffish" when the issue of the firearm was brought up.

I know it's a long post but I wanted to include ALL the details, not just "GUMBLE GRUMBLE they made me wait!" it wasn't like that. Just a slightly longer time waiting to vote!

:)

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    #19 in the ghetto and CC!!!! No lines either. They have 2 machines, so I guess I could really be #38. This about about 7:45am.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I know it's a long post but I wanted to include ALL the details, not just "GUMBLE GRUMBLE they made me wait!" it wasn't like that. Just a slightly longer time waiting to vote!

:)

Sounds like you handled it perfectly. You just educated a few people. Repped!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So far, I'm the sole "nunya." :)

My polling place was on Crawfordsville city property, and they do not allow firearms on city property.

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    I carried OWB, but it was cold, so I had a sweatshirt that semi-concealed it. Someone could have seen it if they looked, but no one did.

Yay for voting!! :rockwoot:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I voted concealed, only because I kept my jacket on (chilly out this morning). Polling place is a little Presbyterian church around the corner. Signed in, pushed some buttons, and got my sticker!
    :patriot:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I voted and carried. But it was concealed. I was very tactical about it. Had my carhartt on with a magclip in the pocket. My glock in my MTAC, with 2 additional magclips in my magclip pouches. Nobody expected a thing. And bring the Operator that I am, I had my AR in my Jeep. Just in case. ;)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I voted and carried. But it was concealed. I was very tactical about it. Had my carhartt on with a magclip in the pocket. My glock in my MTAC, with 2 additional magclips in my magclip pouches. Nobody expected a thing. And bring the Operator that I am, I had my AR in my Jeep. Just in case. ;)

Crap, I forgot I had an AR in the truck! Those things just seem to get everywhere...

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Oc'd, (which I never do usually)

It was at a church. No one cared. A couple people asked what I was carrying and "shot" the breeze while in line for a bit. One polling lady asked if I could put the last booth on the left out of its misery with my pistol as it was apparently acting up all morning. (I would have complied, but didn't want the big man to be pissed I scuffed up his floor or walls.

Pretty much what I expected in Morgan County. I think the hospital's still hand out shotguns with every new baby boy born. Ahhhh sweet refuge.

Top Bottom