INGO P3AT owners. Why did you hold out on telling me......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    ......about their wonderful 9 round mag?!?!

Totally changes the gun and grip. If you have a P3AT you MUST get one of these as the backup mag. Almost makes it feel like a regular compact....almost.

Anyone else use the 9 rounder?

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    No, but I used the 10 rounder for my P32 ... Untill the spring broke into 3 pieces from normal range use... and KT refused to replace it, telling me to PAY for a new one off their website instead.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No, but I used the 10 rounder for my P32 ... Untill the spring broke into 3 pieces from normal range use... and KT refused to replace it, telling me to PAY for a new one off their website instead.

Wow. That sucks. Maybe the design is better for the .380? No issues with mine.

'Cause they're listed on the 'Accessories' page for the P3AT on the Kel-Tec site? :dunno:

P3AT-37 9rnd Magazine | Kel-Tec

OK. But that is kinda like INGO having a FAQ section.....

Seriously, I did look at your link. Some mixed reviews. Mine has been flawless through about 8-10 mag fulls. I feel confident in it. I think the people dropping the mags (from the reviews on the site) are hittting the release somehow.
    I was just surprised when I saw one of these at a LGS. Never heard it mentioned before on INGO. Not even dureing the 3AT/LCP craze of about 5 or 6 years ago.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Change the spring in the mag release or stretch it out and it'll take care of the dropped mag issue. All mine have the same "flaw". I have a drawer of parts from guns and I found one a little stiffer and I don't have the problem dropping the mag loose in my Pocket. It's in a DeSantis but still that mag release is too light on them.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Wow. That sucks. Maybe the design is better for the .380? No issues with mine.

The design is the same. BTW - my magazine worked flawlessly out of the box as well. I had fired it before on several ocasions. I wanted it fiixed - the only issue it had was the spring failing prematurely (probably 100 rounds through it). The first time it ever malfunctioned I took it home and dissasembled it for cleaning ... And the spring came out in 3 pieces. The largest piece is roughly the size of the standard 7 round spring - and guess what? The mag still works with that largest segmant, so long as you only load 5 or 6 rounds in it.

There is nothing wrong with the magazine body or extension - but there sure is something wrong with KT customer service. I have purchased multiple firearms from them, and the turds wont even spot me a spring, when they are the ones who supplied me with a defective product.

Here is the spring in question (Those are CZ 75 mags, I was shooting multiple pistols that day):

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The design is the same. BTW - my magazine worked flawlessly out of the box as well. I had fired it before on several ocasions. I wanted it fiixed - the only issue it had was the spring failing prematurely (probably 100 rounds through it). The first time it ever malfunctioned I took it home and dissasembled it for cleaning ... And the spring came out in 3 pieces. The largest piece is roughly the size of the standard 7 round spring - and guess what? The mag still works with that largest segmant, so long as you only load 5 or 6 rounds in it.

There is nothing wrong with the magazine body or extension - but there sure is something wrong with KT customer service. I have purchased multiple firearms from them, and the turds wont even spot me a spring, when they are the ones who supplied me with a defective product.

Here is the spring in question (Those are CZ 75 mags, I was shooting multiple pistols that day):

Hmmm. I am going ot assume that it was a Mec-Gar Italian mag right? That has generally had a better reputation than earlier KT mags. It is BS they won't send you a spring. Maybe the difference is the .380 spring is more robust? :dunno: The general complaints at the KT site were the mag dropping out and the thin part of the grip breaking. That is a terrible failure of the metal. Was it corroded at all from the factory?
    Never shot a P32. I hear they are nice little guns. I can''t imagine smaller than a P3AT.....

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Yes, it is an Italian made MecGar magazine. I never took it apart before that, but it did not appear to be rusted or corroded in any way at the time.

The KT rep could not care less that my magazine was unusable. What I was told exactly, is that they will not send out parts - he wanted me to send the magazine back to them so their gun smith could replace the spring... And for me to pay for the shipping at my own expense.

Thats worthless. By the time I pay for postage, I could have just purchased a spare spring - a spring that they should have provided me.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Flame suit on, but of all the tiny 380s i've owned, I liked the keltec the best. Sure it looks like crap, but it always cycled, didn't have a "break in period", and didn't need to have the feed ramp polished.

Kahr

Ruger

glock

YUK. Now if the keltec came with the sights of the kahr, the finish of the glock, and the slide lock of the ruger (or others) it would be perfect. Still not a fan of the round though.

Top Bottom