• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It helps the officer see inside the car to gauge criminal activity. They are not shinning the spotlight at an oncoming vehicle but rather shinning it at a perpendicular angle to the vehicle. It shouldn't affect driver's too much unless you turn your head to look directly into the lights.

The important question however is, did you find a dark place to look at the stars?
    Yes. And the light pollution site @eldirector offered up was spot on. Our site showed at the edge of Indy's pollution. Sure enough, looking up it was still iffy. So we drove a mile west and it was fine. Except for the high level smoke from two wildfires out west.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sticking with the "why do they do that?" theme....

There is a speed board out on the Ronald Reagan just south of CR300. Radar triggers the speed display if over the posted limit. Also has flashing reds/blues.

Passed it a little after midnight earlier this week. I was the only car in sight. Fricking sign waits until it is RIGHT in front of me to light off. It was INCREDIBLY bright (thanks to the fancy new LEDs). Scared the absolute hell out of me. Thought for sure there was a squad car sitting almost in my lane. Turns out 46 in a 45 (according to the sign. My speedo showed a GPS verified 45) is enough to trigger the strobes, but only when RIGHT next to the sign.

Gonna give some blue hair a heart attack one evening.

Now to try for a high score...

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Whew!

I saw the title of this thread and I figured it was about some new media/political technique buzzword that sprang up out of nowhere that everyone is somehow just supposed to know about.

But we’ve gotten “spotlighted” in the car and at home before. Seems a little dangerous on the road.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    dance-happy.gif

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

There is a speed board out on the Ronald Reagan just south of CR300. Radar triggers the speed display if over the posted limit. Also has flashing reds/blues.

Passed it a little after midnight earlier this week. I was the only car in sight. Fricking sign waits until it is RIGHT in front of me to light off. It was INCREDIBLY bright (thanks to the fancy new LEDs). Scared the absolute hell out of me. Thought for sure there was a squad car sitting almost in my lane. Turns out 46 in a 45 (according to the sign. My speedo showed a GPS verified 45) is enough to trigger the strobes, but only when RIGHT next to the sign.

If you look at the town website and meeting notes, you can find data from the speed trailer.

I saw this about one deployment last year...and this is on a 25mph residential street...

1633035455127.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

There's one on a rural road I take home....not going to say exactly where for a reason that will become obvious.

Current high score- 63 (it lights the disco ball over 35)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

It's for your safety

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I originally thought this was about spotlighting for deer. I got pulled over when I was about 18 for spotlighting with some friends. Told us it’s illegal and the only way we can legally spotlight is to use the headlights on our car. Last time I saw a deer in the car headlights he became summer sausage.

Top Bottom