• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Laurel VE testing will be held at the Boy Scout Office at Shadeland and Fall Creek on Saturday Feb 17th starting at 8:30AM and ending at 10AM...there is no fee but you do have to pre-register as they don't take walk ins.

WDBSA.ORG - click the licensing tab and fill out the form if you want to test there.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Been working a lot of 20M FT8 stations. It's amazing what some poorly measured and low hung speaker wire will do. Contacts from Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, Alaska, Canada, Greece, Italy, Wales, Ireland and more (and a about half the US states so far, PR too!).

Can't wait to see what I can work when I get my G5RV antenna mounted high and proper, 'should' be able to work 10M to 160M on it. I also got a 6M magloop that I've yet to use, but want to compare to my 6M dipole... It's almost VHF season!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Been working a lot of 20M FT8 stations. It's amazing what some poorly measured and low hung speaker wire will do. Contacts from Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, Alaska, Canada, Greece, Italy, Wales, Ireland and more (and a about half the US states so far, PR too!).

Can't wait to see what I can work when I get my G5RV antenna mounted high and proper, 'should' be able to work 10M to 160M on it. I also got a 6M magloop that I've yet to use, but want to compare to my 6M dipole... It's almost VHF season!

FT8 is amazing, I will be beta testing some software like FSQcall that usesFT8 as the mode. It is going to be game changing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Can I play too? Had my Extra for a few years now KC9QAG. Glad to meet ya! Currently running a TS-480HX but need to re work my shack so I will be down for a while.
    73's all around

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Just got a Radioddity GD-77 dual band DMR radio today, dipping my toe in the digital world. Since I use Winlink, and APRS messenger on HF, and they have an internet backend I thought I would try some DMR on VHF.

Now the problem, I don't know what I am doing and have to track down a file to load up on this thing lol.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

cool. good job. is that a random wire antenna, or dipole, or ... ?

I got my general license about Thanksgiving time, and got going on digital just after new year. In under 3 months I've confirmed worked-all-states 40M/FT8. I've also got 50 DXs confirmed on LOTW. Farthest is SE Australia.

that's w/ a 2nd-hand Carolina windom @ only 25' high.

SSB I've had 17 countries confirm, farthest is New Zealand. haven't been on SSB as much.

starting trying to learn CW.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just got a Radioddity GD-77 dual band DMR radio today, dipping my toe in the digital world. Since I use Winlink, and APRS messenger on HF, and they have an internet backend I thought I would try some DMR on VHF.

Now the problem, I don't know what I am doing and have to track down a file to load up on this thing lol.

I could try to help out. I don't have a plug for that radio, but here is some info on a local DMR repeater....
    K9MMQ ? Ft. Wayne ? Crossroads DMR

I could try to answer any questions, either here or via vhf/uhf repeaters...

ps: there aren't really any vhf repeaters local. can you do uhf?

-rvb

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I could try to help out. I don't have a plug for that radio, but here is some info on a local DMR repeater....
    K9MMQ ? Ft. Wayne ? Crossroads DMR

I could try to answer any questions, either here or via vhf/uhf repeaters...

ps: there aren't really any vhf repeaters local. can you do uhf?

-rvb

uhf my mistake, I am muddling through it, just a pain compared to importing via repeaterbook

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    uhf my mistake, I am muddling through it, just a pain compared to importing via repeaterbook

I found DMR to be frustrating, and finally gave my GD77 away before I threw it out the window. The DMR databases online have many non existent repeaters....good luck.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I found DMR to be frustrating, and finally gave my GD77 away before I threw it out the window. The DMR databases online have many non existent repeaters....good luck.

I am annoyed as hell. Two DMR repeaters in town here one I can not find what talkgroups it has. So different networks use different groups standards? Nationwide can be 01 on one or a different number on another network?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I am annoyed as hell. Two DMR repeaters in town here one I can not find what talkgroups it has. So different networks use different groups standards? Nationwide can be 01 on one or a different number on another network?

I posted k9mmq info above. Here is n9mtf
    https://brandmeister.network/?page=repeater&id=311841

yes, two different networks with brandmeister and DMR Marc. It is frustrating. It’s more "kingdom building" than a DMR problem. Even more confusing when you can hear two 3118 IN-statewide talkgeoups that are not linked.

-rvb

*note, not the fault of the local repeater owners, they basically have to pick a network....

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, I think I have MMQ programmed, but apparently it can take some days for crossoads to update and allow my new ID number in.

Help me out with this statement and programming, time slots do not matter?

Remember folks, BrandMeister offers every talkgroup dynamically and time slot agnostically on every repeater connected to their network. No need to map a talkgroup in the cBridge, establish a CC link, build out the manager, assign a priority, set a time out timer...BLAH BLAH BLAH...the backwards ways of DMR networking are a thing of the past. It’s all so simple now.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Yes, most (all?) BM Repeaters have the time slots linked, so it doesn’t matter what TS you define in your plug. Repeater owners like it as it seems to make their life easier with setup. But I think it removes a key feature of DMR. I like that I can be having a local conversation on one TS while other people are listening/talking on other TGs on the other TS. It’s like having two Repeaters. I’m sitting by my radio if you are up on MMQ, on "local2”.

edit, just saw your ID may not beactive yet to work on MMQ..... I can’t always get into MTF from myQTH. I don’t remember there being a delay, but I think I set all the IDs up while waiting on my radio to ship.

-rvb

Top Bottom