• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My knees started hurting when I was rowing a lot. How often are you doing it? I got insane and did several 10k+ rows and one 20km I think

I was rowing every night. I was doing 2500K’s and 5k’s a lot.

And for as long as I can remember, my knees have always popped/cracked when I kneel or squat. So I’m assuming that since I was rowing every night, that’s what caused my knee pain.

patellofemoral pain syndrome Is just another name for “runners knee”. And runners develop it because of the constant bending of the knee.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The front of my ACL repaired knee hurts when I DON'T run. That's where part of my patella was taken for the graft so it makes sense.
    The knee of my non surgery leg hurts when I DO run because I don't have much meniscus in there. I tended to limp and over-stress that knee during my recovery and bruised the bone. It'll feel better in ~month. Makes sense to me.

I can't win unless I only run on one leg. LOL :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: night off. Sihing in from Maryland to train with us. We went for steaks at East End Grill. I had a new 3 Floyds beer.

Saturday: Dental cleaning at 7AM, Wing Chun at 8AM (2 man drills, mook drills, long pole and swords, sushi after training and then yoga at 1PM.

Sunday: Wing Chun at 10AM for a few hours then put my sihing back on a plane. Got to make it count as I will be sitting the rest of the day (projects due). Got to do something. I know the sitting is killing me.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Been in Daytona for vacation, have worked out almost daily, but failed to drop into local crossfit place. Diet has been pathetic, gonna be tough getting back into the routine.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hah, why? I use a 53# for swings in the gym and have a 45# at home. Those suit me just fine but I'm old and out of shape

I have 16, 24, and 32kg kettlebells. And I recently bought Pavel’s Simple & Sinister book. And for the Sinister workout, you need a 48kg kettlebell.

I’m not ready for it yet. But I’d like to be.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: Wing Chun in PM

Tuesday: 10 exercise tabata (jump rope, heavy bag, burpees, hammer, inter alia)

Wednesday: Wing Chun in PM

Tomorrow I'll do martial arts in the AM and then circuit in the PM.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Tonight was the "Optimus Prime" WOD. 7 minutes of wall balls with 5 deadlifts @ 225# every minute. Start with 5 deadlifts, then wallballs until the top of the minute, then 5 more deadlifts, then wallballs...so on. I started off well but the deadlifts took their toll and the speed slowed down significantly in the later rounds.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday: martial arts training. Drills, but did some gun disarms and counters too. Controlled, but fun.:D

Doing stuff like gun disarms is gun but brings the smoke too. AND you get to train a worthwhile skill.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Saturday: martial arts training. Drills, but did some gun disarms and counters too. Controlled, but fun.:D

Doing stuff like gun disarms is gun but brings the smoke too. AND you get to train a worthwhile skill.

I've seen gun disarms taught by people who know little about martial arts and nothing about guns, that's scary.
    I heard one guy say "If you grab the slide of the gun it can't go off" one time ... the guy must have heard that about revolvers but was teaching it using a semi-auto pistol.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did our WOD today and now just ran two miles straight. That felt good.

inalso started the Mediterranean diet. The food looks good, healthy, and red wine is OK :rockwoot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It occurred to me people in Mediterranean region eat birthday cake too :):

today's WOD was a lot of cleans and snatches. Ugh. Supposed to be some squat work too but I did all power. Have not done weight in a while. Felt good.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've seen gun disarms taught by people who know little about martial arts and nothing about guns, that's scary.
    I heard one guy say "If you grab the slide of the gun it can't go off" one time ... the guy must have heard that about revolvers but was teaching it using a semi-auto pistol.

I have no doubt that is possible (there's all kinds of snake oil in martial arts), however, that's not a problem for our club.:D

Monday: too much work. Did nothing.

Tuesday: martial arts in PM--2 man drills, some punching, chi sao.

I'm going to the club today as well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It occurred to me people in Mediterranean region eat birthday cake too :):

They do, but they eat it like this:

itahand.gif

Top Bottom