• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Only TWO WEEKS till Fashion & Firearms: A Concealed Carry Extravaganza will be a reality! We are excited to have The Chicks On The Right, Carrie Lightfoot (TWAW founder and owner), Guy Relford, Gabby Franco, and Brian LeMaster. Lots and lots of vendors on deck! Food, Fashion, Firearms and shopping! What more can one ask for?!? Tickets can be purchased at Welcome to Fashion and Firearms! - get yours now!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was just watching fox 59 Indy, and they had a woman talking about Fashion & Firearms........
    She either needs to rehearse, or they need to find a better person, to put on TV......
    All she could say, was ummmm, uhhhhh, it was awful !!!!!

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I was just watching fox 59 Indy, and they had a woman talking about Fashion & Firearms........
    She either needs to rehearse, or they need to find a better person, to put on TV......
    Agreed. I understand they are on a learning curve as this is their first event. The problem I have is they did all of their news interviews with the local channels at a shop who isn't sponsoring them. I have no problem at all with the shop they went to and gave the publicity to. Myself and at least 4 other gun shops paid them good money to sponsor this event and they went somewhere that isn't sponsoring them as far as I can tell by their Facebook page or web site. I would of been a little butthurt if they went to one of the other sponsoring shops but I would get it and have been fine with it. I would hope the other shops that sponsored this would not be real happy about them doing their news spots at a shop that didn't sponsor them as well. Whoever is running this needs to step back and think and take care of those that are taking care of them as this makes me rethink doing this again if there is another one. We put out a chunk of coin for them and not really feeling the investment is there or going to pay off. Maybe next year they can get the shop they want to do all their news interviews at and have them make up the difference when we bow out. Doubt they will read this as it appears they don't keep up with it much here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Fox 59 is pretty poor about website video clips. Maybe there is one there hidden somewhere? Another station?

Agreed. I understand they are on a learning curve as this is their first event. The problem I have is they did all of their news interviews with the local channels at a shop who isn't sponsoring them. I have no problem at all with the shop they went to and gave the publicity to. Myself and at least 4 other gun shops paid them good money to sponsor this event and they went somewhere that isn't sponsoring them as far as I can tell by their Facebook page or web site. I would of been a little butthurt if they went to one of the other sponsoring shops but I would get it and have been fine with it. I would hope the other shops that sponsored this would not be real happy about them doing their news spots at a shop that didn't sponsor them as well. Whoever is running this needs to step back and think and take care of those that are taking care of them as this makes me rethink doing this again if there is another one. We put out a chunk of coin for them and not really feeling the investment is there or going to pay off. Maybe next year they can get the shop they want to do all their news interviews at and have them make up the difference when we bow out. Doubt they will read this as it appears they don't keep up with it much here.

Maybe I've just missed it, but I haven't seen much promotion or even talk of this event on INGO?

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fox 59 is pretty poor about website video clips. Maybe there is one there hidden somewhere? Another station?

Maybe I've just missed it, but I haven't seen much promotion or even talk of this event on INGO?
    Wish tv and channel 6 and 59 but can't find a link. If they updated or stopped by here they might leave a link one would think. Firearms & Fashion looks to promote safety, fashion | WISH-TV
    VIDEO: Fashion meets firearms at inaugural event - TheIndyChannel.com

If the shop they are at is sponsoring them they should be unhappy as they don't have them listed on their Facebook or web site. And to qualify I have no problem with this shop at all just making a point.

Like owning a race car and having coke sponsor you and holding all of you press conferences at pepsi.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I watched several interviews and most had Cathy Brown who I thought did a good job, not sure who you watched.

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    How did the show go?
    Decent turnout?
    Pictures, video?

It was pretty packed. I helped at the COTR booth, and was glad to be flanked by Gabby Franco and Guy Relford.

I heard there were over 300 tickets sold and it looked like that or more were there. Many vendors too and they looked like they were getting business or at least sharing what they had to those attending. Lots of finger food for the crowd (included in the price of the ticket). There was the fashion show for the women, there were also talks from Chicks on the Right, Carrie Lightfoot, Gabby Franko, Guy Relford, and Brian LeMaster.

The venue was very nice too, first time for me there and it was nicer than I imagined.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My wife and I attended the show yesterday and Gabby Franco's seminar today. Both events were very well attended and professionally done. My wife had a great time and will probably attend again if they do this next year.

Events like this that promote safe responsible firearms ownership do as much good for our cause as just about anything else.

I was however disappointed to have to be disarmed to enter the event Saturday.

Last edited:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    If the shop they are at is sponsoring them they should be unhappy as they don't have them listed on their Facebook or web site. And to qualify I have no problem with this shop at all just making a point.

Like owning a race car and having coke sponsor you and holding all of you press conferences at pepsi.

The shop they were at is the "home" range for the chapter most of the coordinators are used to using and closer to where they live then where we've been meeting (it's my TWAW chapter). BGF did take quite a hit financially with the fire and wasn't listed in the program as a sponsor or vendor but they did donate a raffle gun. Take from that what you will.

Where is the INGO booth located? I cannot find you

We couldn't find a sign of INGO other then in the program....I was bummed

I watched several interviews and most had Cathy Brown who I thought did a good job, not sure who you watched.

I know who they're referring to. Was it a professional interview? Nope...she's not a professional spokesperson. She's a passionate supporter of women and firearms who spent a year of her life organizing this event and retired so she'd have more time to help women learn about firearms in a safe welcome environment.

How did the show go?
    Decent turnout?
    Pictures, video?

I'll see if I can post some pictures in another post

Last edited:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Lots of pictures

This is actually not all the pictures I took. I just culled a lot of pictures that were similar.:ingo:
    FAF1.jpg FAF3.jpg FAF4.jpg FAF5.jpg The Crane Bay
    FAF6.jpg Military Department of IN Ceremonial Unit Color Guard (first ever all female)
    FAF7.jpg Shelia Rosario, TWAW IN State leader and Indy South chapter leader
    FAF8.jpg FAF10.jpg The Chicks on the Right
    FAF12.jpg FAF13.jpg FAF14.jpg Evening wear
    FAF16.jpg Carrie Lightfoot, founder of TWAW
    FAF19.jpg raffle gun giveaway
    FAF20.jpg Gabby Franco gave a very impassioned speech about supporting the 2nd Amendment
    FAF21.jpg raffle gun giveaway
    FAF22.jpg FAF23.jpg FAF24.jpg fashion show (swimwear and exercise)
    FAF26.jpg FAF27.jpg FAF30.jpg FAF33.jpg FAF34.jpg Brian LaMaster self defense demo
    FAF35.jpg retirement for a PPD

Attachments

• FAF32.jpg
      FAF32.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 15

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Glad to hear all went well. Our local news covered it by starting with the story of the lady who shot herself adjusting her gun in her bra holster. They said proper handling could have prevented it and you could find out how to handle it at the show in Indy. Made me sick.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Glad to hear all went well. Our local news covered it by starting with the story of the lady who shot herself adjusting her gun in her bra holster. They said proper handling could have prevented it and you could find out how to handle it at the show in Indy. Made me sick.
    They probably led with that so people wouldn't turn the channel. "Another fluff piece about a fashion show? No way!" The bra holster thing hints at gore, people love gore and drama.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Late in posting this, but the ladies that put this on did a wonderful job. It was put on very well. I was impressed and hope they keep the momentum they managed to continue this event. It was definitely unique and I really don't think anyone else is doing this. They need to keep doing what they are doing and expand on that. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical as I don't believe it had been done before but they definitely pulled it off. Well done ladies and keep moving forward. Very nice event and I see it having a good future. Glad that we were a part of it.

Top Bottom