INGO Facelift - Please be prepared for change!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Cracks me up how people **** and moan. Find something real to ***** about.

Hired a designer, investing in software upgrades and new more powerful servers. Why would anybody whine about these improvements?

Fenway and Company: trying to move INGO forward.

Most of us appreciate your efforts.

Thank you.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Same way as always. Go to the home page and scroll to the bottom and there is a list of people currently online.

Be aware that they are making changes while the site is up. If you stick around a while, you will undoubtedly see subtle changes as you move around.

no, i mean how do i tell if you are online right now.
    it used to have some sort of green thing that said online by it.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    no, i mean how do i tell if you are online right now.
    it used to have some sort of green thing that said online by it.

holy crap, i just found it. that tiny little circle by your name is it? wow. i cant barely see that at all.
    my pc is hooked to my tv and i sit 10+ feet from it, so that not helping.
    i hold my judgement on the changes.....................for now.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    It's going to take a little while to adjust, but I'm sure in a week or two I will come to like it. I just find it hard to scroll through the thread titles... It's kinda hard for me to read. I'm sure more changes will come to fix all these things though. I'm glad to see INGO upgrading though. It just means the site is growing. Good job Fenway!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    polls_leaveheralonevg1_2424_539301_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Leave INGO alone!!!

Seriously though, I like the new look...except for the bright white background. Hard on the eyes.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just logged in at 1150 hrs on Sunday and so far I like what I see! Main page seems clearer and easier to read, at least on my PC screen.

Update, just checked my photoless photo album. Expect the pictures will show up later in the update?

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I admin for a diesel auto forum and understand all the "backroom" work done by site staff. Fenway I think it will be a good thing when you are done, I certainly have no complaints, it takes time. Hopefully things will go smoothly... Looking forward to what is to come.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I normally resist change, well mostly just because I am old. But so far some of the changes I like, overall it is an improvement. Keeping the color scheme is what was important to me. So far :thumbsup:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    INGOers... I'm getting the feeling people are not reading the original post in this thread based on some of the comments I'm seeing. I'm going to quote it again.

INGO is going through a facelift. We are investing in the updated version of our forum software and have hired a designer who will be making some cosmetic changes. INGO is very successful the way it is and we are not trying to fix anything that is not broke... However we do want to upgrade the software and modernize things a bit. The color scheme will stay the same and I will make sure we retain the good old INGO look and feel we have all come to love
    INGO_flag.gif

Please be aware that INGO is going to get ugly before she is pretty again.

Step 1: Upgrade forum software starting 7/6

You will notice some big changes to the way INGO looks when we upgrade the software and it might not be for the better.

PATIENCE please. Our new design is in development and should be ready in a month or so. But first we need the new software in place.

I will keep this thread updated with developments.

INGO_flag.gif

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My only objection is the shock-white background for thread posts. I'd like to return to the off-white (read: darker) background color. Not as harsh on the eyes. Perhaps even an inverse color scheme, shock-white text on a dark, dark background.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My only objection is the shock-white background for thread posts. I'd like to return to the off-white (read: darker) background color. Not as harsh on the eyes. Perhaps even an inverse color scheme, shock-white text on a dark, dark background.

Kinda like at pirate 4x4?

Top Bottom