• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    A recent thread about FTF made me wonder about the merits of such a system within INGO when doing a FTF sale. I've purchased a firearm from another state before without a problem. I've also bought and sold FTF but with people who were friends.

A FTF exchange with a stranger carries some risks and the aforementioned thread has made me reluctant to do so. You know how women always go to the restroom in pairs? I'd feel safer if I had a buddy with me when doing a FTF. Any thoughts?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Never a bad idea to have a friend along. :ingo:

Almost everyone here is good to go....... I cannot speak for everyone it only takes one to ruin your day/life however.

Check out who your dealing with and get cross confirmation from other members.

Use your situational awareness, don't meet in any dark alleys. :twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I usually do business with folks that have done business on this board before. The +1/-1 system on this board is a HUGE benefit to know who is going to jump you or not. One always takes a risk with a first time poster/seller as they are "vague" in the mind of the INGO goer.

If you feel the need to have another person there, keep a friend in the car. Having another INGO member in the car is a bit strange, as they would be a stranger to me as well as the buyer/seller.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When doing a FTF transaction with someone I don't know, I always try to set the meet in a public place during daylight hours. It also pays to vet the prospective buyer/seller and the product being sold as much as possible beforehand.

I haven't had an issue yet!

Last edited:

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    I have FTF one time and made sure it was a public place and daytime. I had him sign a bill of sale with the serial number of the gun on it and required his DL before I took his money and completed the deal.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I don't think I would buy from anyone on here if I hadn't seen some feedback or I had chatted with them some. I have never had any fears about meeting with any of the guys on here. I was a little afraid that fitzy's boy might put me in a headlock, but other than that.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    COVER ME! I'M GOING IN!

army_baby-12026.jpg

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I always pack a pistol and have a shotgun under the seat but really I haven't ran into any problems from all my Craigslist and INGO dealings. 95% of all the deals I make are with really cool people. 5% are just guys in a hurry and come across as rude.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Buddy system?

And people laughed at my earlier, similar suggestion of how 'we run' in my family !!!!!! :)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-post462230.html?highlight=sniper#post462230

I always do FTF deals at an abandoned warehouse parking lot. My wife sets up on the roof, with the sun at her back, with her sniper rifle. I wear an earpiece and have a panic code phrase to signal her to take them down. I wear kevlar vest. Kids video tape and have 911 on speed dial. Bug-out Audi RS6 just in case. Dye pack, of course.

I TRY to learn a few things from 24 in my spare time.

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: The last two posts are so funny I'll think I'll try them. Gotta find a blow-up doll first, though.

I'm thinking of doing the transfer in front of the Police Department if they're okay with it....really. Any LEOs out there with comments?...without laughing, of course.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    When doing a FTF transaction with someone I don't know, I always try to set the meet in a public place during daylight hours. It also pays to vet the prospective buyer/seller and the product being sold as much as possible beforehand.

This^^

Plus, I BCC my transaction PM to lovemywoods (my gun-buddy Father), so he at least has knowledge that I'm making a transaction, as well as time/place/location. He does the same for me.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I am usually carrying another loaded gun besides the one that I am trading and I always assume that the other person is too. Generally the meet is also set in a public(but discrete) place.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I always meet in a public place and i also read a few of the other persons posts just to get a feel for what kinda guy he is. To this point i have met nothing but really good people here so i dont worry too much about it...

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I always go for the public place, daylight, etc. I have yet to have any issues or weird feelings. I just have met a few nice people and made some nice trades.....

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've always meet in a public place and check my surroundings. I like to get there early so i can canvas the area for anything unusual.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Think it is probably a good idea. The only gun I sold FTF was at a gunshow, and there were lots of other people there. :)

My :twocents: if I was on the other end of the FTF....I would appreciate knowing that a buddy was coming along. That way I as the other person don't feel like I'm being intimidated or taken.

I think you can both agree that it is cool that a third party is there to witness the sale, or if you both want to bring buddies, that's cool to. If nothing else, gets more FTF time to talk and meet!

Top Bottom