• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm sure this is a known resource, but there is a place called OfficeSupply.com.

Right now AAA and AA Energizer Industrial batteries are going for $5.89 for 24. On amazon, this exact product is $14.99.

The key is getting the free shipping, but if you spend $45, there it is.

I also got some D batteries, but those were $8.49 for 12, still good, but not spectacular.
    I ordered Monday, I got them yesterday and topped off the "Battery Daddy".

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I'm sure this is a known resource, but there is a place called OfficeSupply.com.

Right now AAA and AA Energizer Industrial batteries are going for $5.89 for 24. On amazon, this exact product is $14.99.

The key is getting the free shipping, but if you spend $45, there it is.

I also got some D batteries, but those were $8.49 for 12, still good, but not spectacular.
    I ordered Monday, I got them yesterday and topped off the "Battery Daddy".
    Have you used this type of energizer battery before?
    I quit using energizer and duracell because I was having problems with them leaking. I almost had to trash my truck flashlight(brinkmann 3-cell) because some duracells leaked. I use rayovac now.

That's a dang good price, thanks for sharing.

Oh, and I knew what a Battery Daddy was 'cause I got one for Christmas this year. Buncha perverts on this site. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I quit using energizer and duracell because I was having problems with them leaking. I almost had to trash my truck flashlight(brinkmann 3-cell) because some duracells leaked. I use rayovac now.

Oh, and I knew what a Battery Daddy was 'cause I got one for Christmas this year. Buncha perverts on this site. :D
    From what I read, they are the same internal construction as regular energizers, but with less fancy packaging and sold only in bulk. If you don't like Energizers, that's a bad thing, but I have had good luck with them, so I like this price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I learned the hard way not to buy cheap store brand batteries. They'd be dead as a doornail if I was lucky at the 1 year stock rotation in the go bags. Not even enough juice for kids toys.

If I wasnt lucky, they'd have leaked.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    From what I read, they are the same internal construction as regular energizers, but with less fancy packaging and sold only in bulk. If you don't like Energizers, that's a bad thing, but I have had good luck with them, so I like this price.
    For that price, it wouldn't hurt to try them out. I use a headlamp(energizer brand haha) quite a bit when working, and it goes through batteries easily. Plus with my mini-me's toys, keeping the Battery Daddy full makes sense.

:thumbsup:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For that price, it wouldn't hurt to try them out. I use a headlamp(energizer brand haha) quite a bit when working, and it goes through batteries easily. Plus with my mini-me's toys, keeping the Battery Daddy full makes sense.

:thumbsup:
    Ive learned never to buy a headlamp built by a battery company.

I have several versions of the Energizer headlamps. Every damn one of them will start flashing the red light to warn you its time to change the batteries. But wouldnt you know it, I get at least an hour more out of it before it dies. And that is a conservative estimate.
    Much like the printer companies, that tell you to change your ink/toner WAAAAY too soon.

And as to these supposed identical batteries. I highly recommend testing them for storage before you rely on them like you would the name brand. Put them away in a go bag or wherever and put a reminder in your calendar to test them in a year. Make sure they are holding a charge.

And I switched to the Duracell Procell at church for our mics and stuff. (same concept) At least short term they are just as reliable and durable as Copper Tops. I havent tested those against their 10 year guarantee though.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I have several versions of the Energizer headlamps. Every damn one of them will start flashing the red light to warn you its time to change the batteries.
    The headlamp I use most doesn't have a red light, just three levels of white. I can be hard on them, so I don't like to spend a whole lot, and that one has held up pretty good. I have a rechargeable one I use around the house that has the red and green lights, but haven't run it down where it flashes at me. Now I'm gonna have to test it out.

I highly recommend testing them for storage before you rely on them like you would the name brand. Put them away in a go bag or wherever and put a reminder in your calendar to test them in a year. Make sure they are holding a charge.
    That is a good idea. I know most of them would probably get used up fairly quick. It seems like every gift that mini-me gets is battery powered. Just yesterday, his mimi sent him a "light-up 3-D nightlight" that takes batteries. Why didn't you send him a book, a puzzle, or anything that doesn't make noise/lights up/etc.
    Funny thing, before we got the Battery Daddy we had batteries in a drawer...some were slightly used, some brand new. I keep a battery tester in the same drawer. Now mini-me thinks we have to check batteries every time before we change them out in his toys.LOL

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010

Depending upon how frequently you use the device, you’re eventually going to see any brand of alkaline leak. To completely avoid the possibility, spring for the lithiums,

Sam‘s has had them cheaper than anywhere else I’ve looked, but have only found AA and AAA.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    No issues with the cheap Rayovac that's constantly almost free after rebate at Menards. Usually $6 or $7 for a 36 pack of AA or AAAs..... I've been using them exclusively for years and none have leaked.

Right now, I have just over three 36 packs of each...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No issues with the cheap Rayovac that's constantly almost free after rebate at Menards. Usually $6 or $7 for a 36 pack of AA or AAAs..... I've been using them exclusively for years and none have leaked.

Right now, I have just over three 36 packs of each...
    That is great. Costco batteries are leaking like crazy on me. Ruining a lot of stuff…

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have had a LOT of Rayovac batteries (AA, AAA) leak, in devices & in the package long before the expiration date. Picked them up over the years at Menards.

Probabaly a good practice to check devices & stored batteries every 6 months

2022-06-01 20.18.12 - frame at 0m8s.jpg

Last edited:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I like the Energizer Industrial batteries. They are a good bang for the buck.
    I like the way the Rayovac Fusion batteries LOOK, but not the way they LEAK.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have had a LOT of Rayovac batteries (AA, AAA) leak, in devices & in the package long before the expiration date. Picked them up over the years at Menards.

Probabaly a good practice to check devices & stored batteries every 6 months

View attachment 256075
    Well, looks like I'm mistaken. The ones I have are "ACDelco".

ed119a80506f60bd01a6d639e2e45365.jpg

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Over the long haul, I've found rechargeables to be the most affordable. They don't leak and can be reused MANY times.

After getting frustrated with leaking alkalines (and destroying the electronic device it was powering), I took the plunge and disposed of every alkaline in the house and beyond. I will, on occasion, use lithium batteries in devices that remain unused for very long periods of time but need to remain "at-the-ready".

Panasonic Eneloop is the best, imo. Storacell (made in USA) carriers make organizing and rotation a breeze. The standard Eneloop is very good, but for high-current devices, the Pro version can be helpful.

AA

Amazon product ASIN B00JHKSN5I
    AAA
    Amazon product ASIN B00JHKSMIG
    Storacell
    Amazon product ASIN B004YG7JV4Amazon product ASIN B00N91QBBE
    1676584808025.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom