• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    We should organize a group and go down there totally strapped. Everybody go three the line and kick us out.
    It’s the only way

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While not weighing in on effectiveness, this is not the threat that this sort of screening is targeting. Mass shootings of the type you're discussing are a super small minority of murders and even smaller subset of entertainment venues. A point often harped on in assault weapon ban threads but lost in physical security threads. Sure it happens. Las Vegas from the hotel room window at Mandalay Bay being the major one...but that's one event nationwide that doesn't even scratch the surface of "routine" murders in the city normally.

Two bros getting pissed at each other, having poor conflict resolution skills, being chemically altered, and going to guns are by far the biggest threat in entertainment venues.
    Good thing we banned drugs and public intoxication, that way nothing like that could happen. Whew.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been to a lot of shows, both in Indiana and other states. Every one of them prohibited weapons. Some venues had wands at the doors, some did pat-downs and wanted me to pull my pockets out.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape if a private party leases city property for an event and then prohibits weapons at their event. It's their event, they can prohibit what they want.

I know some won't like that, but it is what it is.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There's no such thing as a gun free zone, so good luck to Hoggsukker's pandering.
    Given the show location, bands playing and the fans associated with those bands, gang-land warfare/drive by/gat-sideways/be-disrespecting violence is unlikely to occur. If the previous concerts by this promoter at this venue have occurred without security theater and without violence, then why insist on the false security now? It's pure Hoggwash.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's no such thing as a gun free zone, so good luck to Hoggsukker's pandering.
    Given the show location, bands playing and the fans associated with those bands, gang-land warfare/drive by/gat-sideways/be-disrespecting violence is unlikely to occur. If the previous concerts by this promoter at this venue have occurred without security theater and without violence, then why insist on the false security now? It's pure Hoggwash.

Wheezer fans are clearly domestic terrorists.

Top Bottom