• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    She knowingly buys guns for someone else. The “someone else” gets rid of them and some of the guns are repeatedly used in crimes. Crimes included shootings, carjackings and drug deals! Patrick gets 14 months probation?

Should she be charged with being an accomplice to the other crimes?

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    She knowingly buys guns for someone else. The “someone else” gets rid of them and some of the guns are repeatedly used in crimes. Crimes included shootings, carjackings and drug deals! Patrick gets 14 months probation?

Give her time to figure out how to not get caught next time SMH

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    "Investigators said that Patrick purchased at least 36 firearms from federal firearms licensees within Indianapolis on at least eight separate occasions between June 15, 2019, and Aug. 9, 2019."

36 firearms in 55 days. How does that happen without throwing up a red flag somewhere, at some level?. That don't smell right. I'm a collector, but 36 is a lot in a short time.

I imagine if I did what she did, in NWI, I'd be facing a few years hard time. Equal protection under the law, and all that ...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    36 firearms in 55 days. How does that happen without throwing up a red flag somewhere, at some level?. That don't smell right. I'm a collector, but 36 is a lot in a short time.
    What flag? Where? Unless she bought multiple handguns at the same time, there shouldn't be anything tracking the purchases.

What is the appropriate number of purchases in 55 days to not throw up a flag?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    14 months probation supposedly trafficking 60+ guns in Indy? Why even bother going through the motions.
    Of which the first eight months are restricted to home and GPS monitoring… which means the final six months are … ? PO visits?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    What flag? Where? Unless she bought multiple handguns at the same time, there shouldn't be anything tracking the purchases.

What is the appropriate number of purchases in 55 days to not throw up a flag?

Point taken. In the original article, it mentions 36 firearms in 55 days on at least 8 separate occasions. I guess it could have been 36 distinct purchases, and my assumptions led me astray. You'd think it would be easily knowable by authorities what the number of 4473's that were processed, yet they only mention 8.

I wonder when the 4473 is processed, if your prior history pops up before the proceed is issued.

I'm not saying there is any particular number that should raise red flags, but the buying pattern in this case is nefarious on it's face. I don't know what it is that should trigger a closer scrutiny, but the facts would support that closer scrutiny was warranted.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    14 months probation supposedly trafficking 60+ guns in Indy? Why even bother going through the motions.

But by all means, make it harder for law abiding folks to buy firearms for legitimate purposes.

Well, you do realize the Left has to take into account the cost of properly grooming an individual like this, so in the interest of saving both time and money...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Point taken. In the original article, it mentions 36 firearms in 55 days on at least 8 separate occasions. I guess it could have been 36 distinct purchases, and my assumptions led me astray. You'd think it would be easily knowable by authorities what the number of 4473's that were processed, yet they only mention 8.

I wonder when the 4473 is processed, if your prior history pops up before the proceed is issued.

I'm not saying there is any particular number that should raise red flags, but the buying pattern in this case is nefarious on it's face. I don't know what it is that should trigger a closer scrutiny, but the facts would support that closer scrutiny was warranted.

That would be getting into formal registry territory.

You're falling into the "there has to be something we can do" mentality. That is not a good rabbit hole to start down.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Yes. Straw purchasers are the scum of the earth, and need to be treated as such. As always, imo.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I don’t care how many guns anyone buys within a certain timeframe. I’m not willing to go down that rabbit hole. It’s what you do with them that matters.
    Agreed. And if selling or giving them to someone who isn't able to purchase them himself is what they're doing with them then yeah, follow that rabbit.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    "Investigators said that Patrick purchased at least 36 firearms from federal firearms licensees within Indianapolis on at least eight separate occasions between June 15, 2019, and Aug. 9, 2019."

I imagine if I did what she did, in NWI, I'd be facing a few years hard time. Equal protection under the law, and all that ...

What kind of liberal red flag BS is this? No red flag laws, period. Freedom.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh hey, a gangbanger's girlfriend finally prosecuted for buying guns for him. That's a surprise.

Probation and community service, of course, not a surprise. The women always get off light.

Top Bottom