• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Depending on what side of town you are on, you might check out Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Bob generally has great prices and a good selection. He used to have a better selection, store ha seemed ‘less full’ the last few times I’ve been in.
    I’ve not been to Beech Grove Firearms in awhile, but they always had a very large selection of modern handguns. Good people in there too. Not much help on the north and east side of town.
    Regarding PSS, which is a very good shop, just be sure and check their hours before you go, as last time I looked they were open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 AM - 5PM. Can be a bit tough depending on your work schedule and where you are coming from.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Premier Arms in Brownsburg, along with Lizton Trading Post in lizton - I frequent both of these shops weekly and really enjoy them. Happy Gun Hunting!

AVOID Range USA and the Major Corporation owned - They really are not worth your time or money!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Premier Arms in Brownsburg, along with Lizton Trading Post in lizton - I frequent both of these shops weekly and really enjoy them. Happy Gun Hunting!

AVOID Range USA and the Major Corporation owned - They really are not worth your time or money!
    Yeah, at one point Range USA (pre name change) was requiring at least SEEING ID, if not also scanning ID for ALL purchases. Including non age related stuff like paper targets and cleaning supplies. Not sure if they are still doing that though.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, at one point Range USA (pre name change) was requiring at least SEEING ID, if not also scanning ID for ALL purchases. Including non age related stuff like paper targets and cleaning supplies. Not sure if they are still doing that though.
    At this point - it does depend on the employee from my experience when scanning the ID for purhcases - I received a gift card as a birthday gift for the location and its honestly not been a pleasant experience. Once that gift card is empty - im out!

Here is the proof from there corporate on how they will treat ya! Stay with Local Gun Shops

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230114_164812_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20230114_164812_Gmail.jpg
      214 KB · Views: 18
    • Screenshot_20230114_164836_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20230114_164836_Gmail.jpg
      204.2 KB · Views: 18
    • Screenshot_20230114_170836_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20230114_170836_Gmail.jpg
      119.9 KB · Views: 18

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    At this point - it does depend on the employee from my experience when scanning the ID for purhcases - I received a gift card as a birthday gift for the location and its honestly not been a pleasant experience. Once that gift card is empty - im out!

Here is the proof from there corporate on how they will treat ya! Stay with Local Gun Shops
    Wow, so they make using their own gift cards difficult to spend. Good to know. I've generally stayed away from them due to just the general stupidity I've encountered during a couple of trips where I was looking for some small items.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Wow, so they make using their own gift cards difficult to spend. Good to know. I've generally stayed away from them due to just the general stupidity I've encountered during a couple of trips where I was looking for some small items.
    I also was unaware of this but did not want anyone else to fall prey. The Famous "Took one for the Team"

IT_Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2021
    Fortville
    I usually use Beech Grove Firearms (south east side) more for transfers but they do have reasonable selection. I tend to only buy for my yearly blue label Glock.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    If you want to go just a little bit more north, Larson & Sons Target Sports in Sheridan Is a nice little shop. New owners in the last 2 years and nice guys to deal with, fair pricing (especially on used firearms). If you come up to Noblesville/Westfield its worth another short drive to check out.

I do feel lucky to have several nice locally owned shops within 10-15 minutes of me here (my wife would argue that though!).

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

i ordered some ammo from them online. it showed in stock & available for pick up. purchased online and went the next day to pick it up. they made me wait 3 days. some bs about policy.

about the same stupidity on their range. they had a rso that didn't like guns...he just needed a job (his words).

$75 to transfer...even with a membership.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Support everyone?
    Checkout this lil shop.

Now he doesn’t have a lotta inventory, but if your in the area.

If your headed west from Greenfield get off on SouthEastern and head west for a mile.
    He might have exactly what you want for a stupid cheap price, probably even room to haggle.

He’s my FFL guy as well, very nice fella.

D&R Firearms
    6001 Southeastern Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana 46203, United States

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I only use Beech Grove Firearms. I went out shop hopping a year and a half ago on the west side of Indy and didn't get the same friendliness, even as I was making purchases.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Beech Grove Firearms is a good shop but I haven't been there in years since I found USDS. I almost exclusively do transfers which USDS makes incredibly easy but they also have a good selection of most of the currently popular handguns.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Rural King has great prices in their firearms....you can also ship online and have it sent to a local RK if it's something they don't have locally...they're not a mom and pop shop so don't know if they'd appeal to you but just a suggestion

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The old Marsh Store at Greyhound Pass is being renovated and is fenced off. I thought I heard that a big box gun/sporting goods store is going in there. Anyone have any concrete information???

Top Bottom