• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keimigca

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Has anyone out in INGO land had any dealings with this outfit. My boss decided that he wanted to get a couple of lowers and some pmags this week. (He had been thinking about this for sometime and decided that he better go ahead and get them). He called Rick at Indy Custom Firearms and got everything set up and paid for it on the spot. He ordered a stripped lower, a complete lower (both RRA) and 10 pmags. They set up a meeting in Lebanon, IN for Wednesday night to do the paperwork and complete the transaction.

Well that never happened. My boss called Rick to confirm the meeting and he was informed that he didnt have the pmags anymore, that he sold them to INPD (who was his biggest customer) and that he just left Lebanon (about an hour before they were supposed to meet). Rick said that he could come back up and he would call my boss. Rick never called.

My boss called Rick the next day and spoke with him. On speaker phone, so I heard the entire conversation, My boss asked him what happened and tried to find out when they could meet and wanted to know what was up with the pmags. Rick started the conversation with how he has been taking hundreds of f'ing phone calls and delivered 16 f'ing guns yesterday and that the PD has priority. My boss calmly tried to get to the bottom of the issue and still get his lowers. Rick told him that he could f off and this conversation was over. And hung up.

Bear in mind all of the items had been paid for 2 nights earlier. Now within 10 minutes, my boss got notification that he had a refund.

I know that right now things are crazy, but the lack of customer service is astounding. Other than venting, has anyone else had any dealings with this company?

Chris

keimigca

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    I was sitting here listening in and could not believe what I was hearing. If he hadnt paid up front, maybe. But since he had already paid upfront. Wow.

fireman585

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I recently purchased a rock river predator model from Rick… I had no issues with him. I just thought it was odd to meet a McDonald's to purchase a gun . I filled out the required paper work and it was ran trough . I don't think he has a shop set up yet, so that's why he delivers .

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I recently purchased a rock river predator model from Rick… I had no issues with him. I just thought it was odd to meet a McDonald's to purchase a gun . I filled out the required paper work and it was ran trough . I don't think he has a shop set up yet, so that's why he delivers .

If he is filling out 4473's at somewhere other than the listed address of his FFL, I think he is in for some issues. As I understand it, FFL's have to fill out the paperwork at the location that their FFL shows... (I'm not 100% on that, as obviously it would be different at a gun show (?), but had understood from some reading on the ATF site that all firearms related business by an FFL had to be conducted at their business address of record on their FFL.

Last edited:

frustrated

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    I had a different experience, but similar result. I purchased a gun online and needed to ship it to an FFL dealer. I contacted Rick and confirmed the price and delivery information. On Wednesday I noticed the gun had been delivered the previous day so I called to schedule a delivery. Understanding he was busy I made plans to meet him near his address at Monitor Drive that day. He never made it or returned phone calls. The next day I set up another meeting, again near his house at 4:00. By 4:45 I hadn’t seen or heard from him. As I left the parking I called to let him know I had been waiting for 45 minutes and was rather unhappy about being lied to twice. He said he would call me back and figure things something out. When he called he told me he would not meet me that night, regardless of the location, and that the next day (Friday) would not work either, again regardless of location or time. He then proceeded to tell me he was tired of dealing with me and was sending my stuff back.
    This was my first online gun purchase and obviously it went horrible. I am so stunned and upset. What recourse do we (consumers) have when FFL dealers have no store front for you to go to and refuse to deliver the gun you already purchased? I think he should tell you up front that he does not have a store and delivers the guns. Now I am paying for the shipping costs back to the manufacture, as well as to be re-sent. Something seems very wrong…

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    All of you guys whining about this guy need to first look in a mirror for the problem. You knew going in that he doesn't have a business location. To a prudent person, that alone would have been enough to go elsewhere. Business people who are paying monthly overhead have a reason to conduct business properly. They must meet expenses each and every month. This Rick guy? It should have been a blazing red flag.....

Make better decisions and you'll find that you are unhappy much less often in life.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    All of you guys whining about this guy need to first look in a mirror for the problem. You knew going in that he doesn't have a business location. To a prudent person, that alone would have been enough to go elsewhere. Business people who are paying monthly overhead have a reason to conduct business properly. They must meet expenses each and every month. This Rick guy? It should have been a blazing red flag.....

Make better decisions and you'll find that you are unhappy much less often in life.

Right, because we should judge all Internet / "Kitchen table" FFL dealers the same way because of the way THIS guy is acting.

Makes complete and total sense.

-J-

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Wonder if he's not handing the stress of the "panic wave" of work very well.

I've had two Gunbroker transfers done through him a while back and it was as easy as you could imagine.

Top Bottom