• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one is in the Expo Hall (far west side of the fairgrounds along 38th Street.) This is the smaller pavilion, it has conditioned air and had very few hogs during the State Fair.

I'll once again be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth, not sure yet which day(s). Hopefully there on my usual Friday (if life doesn't get in the way.)

I'll bump the thread with the usual landmarks (the big bomb sign of Revolver Tactical, the Custom Dog Tags sign, the bazzilion targets guy, commie gas masks, US-made gas masks, and of course the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth. Stop by the booth and I'll bump the thread, always good to meet INGOers in the wild.

Who will make an appearance at the 1500? SPAM Can Mom? The Man from Glad? Kill a commie for mommy t-shirt guy with Kalashnikov t-shirt guy? Lanyard-carry 1911 guy? Flock of Seagulls (he bought a Samurai Sword last show)? Harley Quinn (and I don't mean Margo Robbie)?? The cast of The Hills have Eyes? The extras from The Walking Dead? Senator Sandlin? Senator Freeman? Senator Tomes? Charlie "Peace Out" Hiltunen (ISRPA President and NRA board member)?

https://www.indy1500.com/

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be there checking the guns at the door again on Sat and Sun morning, trying not to spend my money as I make it.
    Well, if I'm there Saturday or Sunday I'll try to figure out which one of the Officers you are. I'm at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth so I'll be wearing NRA hat and shirt, and I'll probably be the only one with a gray beard so I'll be easier to spot. Now don't get me wrong, I'm younger than other peeps in that booth, I'm just the only one with a gray beard.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Never been. Do they put you through metal detectors/security?
    No metal detectors. When you come in you'll be ask if you have a firearm. If you say yes it needs to be unloaded, (clearing barrel outside the entrance) and you'll present it to a uniformed Police Officer. They will put a zip-tie on it and hand it back.

As a vendor (I work a booth, same/same) I can't have a loaded firearm in my possession. Mine will be secured in my vehicle.

There is a significant Police presence at the 1500. I've never been concerned about safety, with that said we (those of us in the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth) maintain a level of SA. The comments I post about what I see? Those are from being observant ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, if I'm there Saturday or Sunday I'll try to figure out which one of the Officers you are. I'm at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth so I'll be wearing NRA hat and shirt, and I'll probably be the only one with a gray beard so I'll be easier to spot. Now don't get me wrong, I'm younger than other peeps in that booth, I'm just the only one with a gray beard.
    Sure Santa, sure :D

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It looks like I'll be there Saturday. I have every Friday for the 1500 projected as leave but sometimes life gets in the way.

I like Fridays at the 1500, less crowded and State Senators Freeman and Sandlin are usually there. Then again, Saturdays have Goths and the cast of The Hills Have Eyes.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    As a vendor (I work a booth, same/same) I can't have a loaded firearm in my possession. Mine will be secured in my vehicle.
    I would sooner carry an unloaded paper weight, than leave it in my car. Just my :twocents:, ymmv.
    That said I have a ridiculous amount of PTO to kill by December, so I'm going Friday possibly again Saturday if my FiL wants to go.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I would sooner carry an unloaded paper weight, than leave it in my car. Just my :twocents:, ymmv.
    That said I have a ridiculous amount of PTO to kill by December, so I'm going Friday possibly again Saturday if my FiL wants to go.
    Not leaving it in your car, leaving it in my car ;)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Okay, time to rip the gears without the clutch, tear the shifter out of the console, and throw it out of the Sun roof.

Of the three of us usually there on Friday, ZERO can be there this Friday. The one guy who was going to be there Friday has to work (at work) Friday and Saturday.

So, Friday evening I’ll go pick up the stuff, set it up Saturday morning. The other guy who can make it Saturday can’t be there until closer to lunch.

SherylinAvon has volunteered to help me set up, I haven’t told her how early that will be yet.

So just to review: not there Friday, there Saturday, maybe there Sunday. Stop by and I’ll bump the thread.

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I'll be there. Never been on a Sunday, I believe it's Friday Sat and Sunday. Friday last show was 1/4 empty. Anyone know If Sunday is good

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be there. Never been on a Sunday, I believe it's Friday Sat and Sunday. Friday last show was 1/4 empty. Anyone know If Sunday is good
    A lot of vendors don't set up until Saturday.

Sunday: Less crowded than Saturday. Combination of folks seeking ammo deals and possible straw purchases.

Top Bottom