• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It feels almost like it isnt worth it to stop at any of the tables that are hawking all the modern pistols. Same pieces with the same prices as the last guy. It's all cookie cutter.

That's accurate. I was telling my son on the way out that I think I just prefer going to the local gun shop. Prices aren't any different.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I picked up a few things as I always do. Along with the malted milk balls I grabbed some .410 #8 shot, a few GI AR mags with the blue followers, and a box of Underwood .44 magnum 305 grain flat nose. If I ever end up where there are bears, I should have an appropriate bear round on-hand.

When I got home I had to hit the shower and throw the clothes in the washer. Had a serious funk that I didn't bring home Friday. Usually the roasted nuts folks overwhelm the place with that funk, not sure what this was. Anybody else experience this?
    Was it a moldy/mildew kind of smell? There was a table just directly to the west of your location that smelled horrible. I walked past and smelled the mildew. Must have just pulled his gear from long term storage or something.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We rolled down early Sunday morning... I haven't been in a few years. It really wasn't shoulder to shoulder- cattle like this time.

Did manage to get a 3 pack of the pralines in the cone bags! Always good on the way home. :thumbsup:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was it a moldy/mildew kind of smell? There was a table just directly to the west of your location that smelled horrible. I walked past and smelled the mildew. Must have just pulled his gear from long term storage or something.
    Nothing worse than the storage-funk!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Saw her walk in. It made me wonder what some people are thinking. People watching is the best part of my job there.
    From a distance we thought she was with her Dad, then we she came closer we realized the bald dude with a big grey beard was probably the husband. At least he didn't fall for the peer-pressure and show up with a teal beard.

hotcupofbro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Checked out a lot of knives tables. What’s with all the cheap switch blades ? Seemed like a lot of vendors peddling those.
    I hear they are cheap in bulk and the markup is good. Between those and all the pakistani made junk it was tough to find any good blades. I took some vintage sogs hoping to do some horse trading, but i couldn't find anything worth stopping to haggle over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Checked out a lot of knives tables. What’s with all the cheap switch blades ? Seemed like a lot of vendors peddling those.

I rented tables in the fall of 2018 show. I learned so much. The guy behind me had boxes and boxes of fidget spinners and was selling them hand over fist. I asked him why they were so popular--this is want he told me:

Most people have $400 (ATM) for the gun show. Subtract out beer for the weekend, parking, gas, entrance fee, so it's $325.

People go to the show to look, gets them out of house, away from family and drink after. They want a totem to show that they were there--beef jerky, wallets, fidget spinners, cheap knives are extremely popular for this segment of the society.

First day of the show I bought a bunch of high end stuff. People stared and commented on the price or told me about my gun like mine that they got from Uncle Jethro. Second day I brought a box full of commemorative knives and cheap shlock (my brother gave me to sell). They disappeared within hours. I also had a large box of Smith grips, gone within minutes.

It is the pricing. People want to go to the show and count coup, and it comes in the form of trash knives or jewelry or beef jerky or whatever non-gun trash that is sold.

Top Bottom