• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's that time once again! This one will be in the South Pavilion (east side of the fairgrounds along 38th Street.)

It looks like I'll be there all 3 days at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth. Stop by the booth and I'll bump the thread. It's always good meeting INGOers in the wild.

Who will you see at the 1500? SPAM can Mom with her unhelpful children? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad (if it's raining?) Goths? Harley Quinn? (NOT a Margot Robbie sighting) Kill a commie for Mommy shirt guy with Kalashnikov shirt guy? Lives in a bad neighborhood guy? Flock of Seagulls? The extras from The Walking Dead? The cast of The Hills Have Eyes?

Price points: I always scout out a few things to gauge how prices are looking. 9mm range ammo and gen 2 PMags are my usual items.

Please beware: I don't everything about everything. I will try to find specific things and prices per request if time allows. However, I know a lot about a few things. I know a little about a lot of things. There are some things I really don't know duck **** from apple butter about.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm planning a Friday aftn visit.
    Any tips for a Indy 1500 Virgin?
    Is Parking across 38th St available?
    If you point the car north be sure and stop by the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth!

Along 38th Street is a no. A block south has street parking. Not the best neighborhood...

Entrance is on the east side of the pavilion. The new swine barn is to the northeast of the swine barn.

If you are carrying a firearm (carry, selling, etc.) make sure it is UNLOADED when you enter the building. @MadMan66 and his counterparts appreciate the unloaded firearms being ammunition-free.

A lot to see: if you're looking for something pretty common (ammo, mags, etc.) work your way thru first, you'll spot the best prices. Looking for a Lee-Enfield (very specific model) that was in the Boer War and not dug up from Flander's Field? May want to grab that one.

Concessions: expensive.

More to follow...

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    If you point the car north be sure and stop by the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth!

Along 38th Street is a no. A block south has street parking. Not the best neighborhood...

Entrance is on the east side of the pavilion. The new swine barn is to the northeast of the swine barn.

If you are carrying a firearm (carry, selling, etc.) make sure it is UNLOADED when you enter the building. @MadMan66 and his counterparts appreciate the unloaded firearms being ammunition-free.
    It has been at least 10 years since I've been to the 1500 and I'm think hard about attending this one. In the past I travel from the North down U.S. 31, I would get on Keystone Pkwy and hang a right on Fall Creek Pkwy and another right on to 38th Street, then park in the lot across the street.
    Am I understanding there is no parking in the lot directly South of the South Pavillion? Is there now parking on the Fairgrounds itself?

Besides the unloaded firearm do they forbid having loaded magazines on your person?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It has been at least 10 years since I've been to the 1500 and I'm think hard about attending this one. In the past I travel from the North down U.S. 31, I would get on Keystone Pkwy and hang a right on Fall Creek Pkwy and another right on to 38th Street, then park in the lot across the street.
    Am I understanding there is no parking in the lot directly South of the South Pavillion? Is there now parking on the Fairgrounds itself?

Besides the unloaded firearm do they forbid having loaded magazines on your person?
    From Fall Creek Parkway it would be easier to turn in before you get to 38th Street. You'll go a short ways then take a left if you're early enough. Quite a bit of parking on the south side of the Blue Ribbon pavilion and the swine barn.

Big signs when you come to the building that say NO LOADED GUNS. Nuff said.

If you make it be sure to stop by and holler.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    From Fall Creek Parkway it would be easier to turn in before you get to 38th Street. You'll go a short ways then take a left if you're early enough. Quite a bit of parking on the south side of the Blue Ribbon pavilion and the swine barn.

Big signs when you come to the building that say NO LOADED GUNS. Nuff said.

If you make it be sure to stop by and holler.
    Thank you so much! From the satellite map I've looked at I see Biofuels Main Street is the entrance to the fairgrounds I'm looking for.
    I'm aiming for Friday the 12th, weather permitting. I will be sure to stop by, thank you.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I guess I need to work on my 30 second elevator speech. "Yes, I did hear WLP is stepping down. You an NRA member? No? We can take care of that right now. Sign up for the ISRPA too and I'll hand you a bag of bling."

Might need some "corporate structure 101" and the ever-popular "we're volunteers and local" for those who think we're either mucketty-mucks or the people who send out the mail. By Saturday afternoon they might be getting "What's your ZIP code? Oh yeah, I fill your mailbox."

I have my "Indiana General Assembly bills crib sheet" ready. Coincidentally it's the same crib sheet I use for posting on INGO. Without 4"X6" lined Post-It Notes my world would come to a screeching halt.

Always good to see @MadMan66 at the 1500 and not behind me with lights and siren :lmfao: How many unloaded guns with contain ammunition?

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    Parking across 38 can be hit or miss. In November, the lot was open because a number of other events were happening at the fairgrounds. I've been to other 1500's where that lot was not open.

It looks like for the weekend of the 12th-14th there is also an RV show going on in the West Pavilion as well as the Indianapolis Garage Sale and Marketplace in the Ball State University Champions Pavilion and the Blue Ribbon Pavilion. There is also an IUPUI Basketball game at 2:00 Saturday afternoon and on Sunday there is the Midwest Reptile Show.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom