• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Had a great time here today with my daughter and one of my wife's cousins. Nice to see the way the place has come together. I finally got to put my Victory 22 through it's paces without having to drive half an hour or more out of the way!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I went to American Shooters in Clarksville today. This is the nicest indoor range I've ever shot at and I've shot at quite a few. The lighting is great and I like the rheostat at the bench. The temperature was very comfortable. I was favorably impressed by the ventilation system. I was shooting some .38 SPL HBWC with sticky lube and Alliant Bullseye powder. When shooting 5 rounds rapid fire, it put up a pretty big cloud of smoke. The ventilation system kept it hanging for a split second and the next thing you know it was drawn away from the firing line and disappeared. The backstop and target retrieval system is top notch and simple. I'll have to try the premium target system next time. The staff is very friendly and while vigilant, they don't interfere as long as the shooters are safe. There are quite a few pistols available for rental and ammo and targets. There is a nice lounge with sofas in the lobby. I didn't check out the restrooms (maybe next time). I decided to join as a "patriot" member. I got my free T shirt and large glass mug (it is frosting in the freezer now, thanks to Rick for the tip). It is nice to see such a top notch facility in our neck of the woods. I met Tommy and he said that until the parking lot is finished, there is parking available at the large blue building to the left (facing American Shooters) in their parking lot.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Again Mike, thanks for the kind words. I'll relay the message to the rest of the crew that put in so much work on the range and building. We've had nothing but good reviews so far, and even had a few folks come in who admitted they weren't "gun" people, but were curious about the facility and by the time they left, were smiling from ear to ear.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    IIRC you were planning to offer classes and instruction at some point. Is this on the Radar yet? I'd love to pick up some training without driving an hour. ;)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    IIRC you were planning to offer classes and instruction at some point. Is this on the Radar yet? I'd love to pick up some training without driving an hour. ;)
    Yes! Our training coordinator is looking to have a schedule posted on our website in the next two weeks. I looked earlier today and noticed he had classes on there with prices, but no date and time yet. I'll most likely see him tomorrow, if I can get more info from him, I'll have him put it on line asap.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Guess I am going to have to check the place out. I wish I had seen this last week, my son and I were out running around Saturday morning and stopped by Indiucky's place (where I succumbed to temptation yet again). Was right in the area...

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I stopped by yesterday to check it out and met little tommy and the rest there very nice people . Have not did a lot of in door shooting , but this range looks like its going to be good one put together the right way ! Will be back soon to do some shooting .:yesway:

Top Bottom