• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    Ours sells guns but they haven't had anything other than shotguns and .22 rifles since about 2 weeks after Sandy Hook.

I have heard rumors that Rural King is going to start selling firearms.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Just get the Walmart App. I have been getting quite a bit of ammo using it. Just be willing to travel as soon as you see it in stock. I check every thirty minutes. It is my spring hobby currently. I am not flipping either.

I'll have to give this a try. Here locally ammo is scarce.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I waited at Walmart in Hammond, IN for 35 minutes about two years ago. It was at the register in the sporting goods section. I kept asking the lady what the problem was finally she said I am waiting for the manager. So the manager shows up. She hands the ammo to the manager who rang me up in a heartbeat. When I asked why I had to wait the lady tells me it is against my religious beliefs to sell ammo. Yes the manager was standing right next to her and was cool with it.

Well, that settles it.... Walmart sucks :rolleyes:

Most walmarts sell ammo. The walmarts in Marion county do not sell guns. The ones in outlying counties seem to sell guns.
    Some years ago, I think Walmart decided to only sell guns in what they considered rural stores.

Ours sells guns but they haven't had anything other than shotguns and .22 rifles since about 2 weeks after Sandy Hook.

I have heard rumors that Rural King is going to start selling firearms.
    Rural King is infact selling firearms. I dont think its all their stores, but theres a few in the central IN area that Ive heard of. I know for sure that Martinsville is.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Walmart in Martinsville sells guns and ammo, but ammo has been scarce.
    Rural King in Martinsville sells guns and ammo and has a better selection of guns than Walmart (IMHO). Ammo has been scarce there as well.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Brownsburg Walmart sells guns and ammo. You can put guns on lay-a-way too. Avon Walmart sells ammo only. Every evening there are people waiting like vultures for the lions to be done for that day's ammo shipment. Most of the time 9mm, .223 and .22LR don't even reach the cabinet.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I had a hard time finding the federal 100rnd packs of .40 180gr before. It will be along time till I can get more. Im stuck with my backup supply of WWB

askeen289

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Just picked up a couple boxes of remington 22, 225 packs at Walmart on 31. Talked to associate that got them out of case. he said they are starting to get more in on the trucks and even had some .45 and 38 special yesterday. Maybe starting to improve.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Managed to find some 5.56/223 at the Wal-Marts at Martinsville and Westfield on Tuesday. It was just 20 round boxes of Federal 55 gr ball but it was there. And this morning the Martinsville Wal-Mart had several boxes of 50 round Federal 115 grain and some 357 magnum and 45 ACP. Westfield had 100 round boxes of Federal 115 gr and 22. So it seems that ammo is slowly (and maybe I didn't get enough o's in there) but it seems that some is out there. And before anyone tells me how much I am spending in gas to drive to Westfield for ammo I work up there so it is just another the stop on the way to the office.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    I concur with Doug101, Brownsburg WM - for the 1st time in weeks and weeks - actually has something other than shotgun shells and hunting rifle rounds on the shelf. Not much, and not the most popular rounds, but anything may be an indication that there is an easing of the chronic shortages.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Wal-Martians

I'm sorry but I just have to say I have no idea. I haven't been shopping at The Chi-Com World of Wally in years. I just can't support the super power of imported cheep Chi-Com junk. I reload and support gun show's. Purchase my cheep Chi-Com house goods at other locations. When I did go there my favorite time was Sunday morning before the Church crowd released their heathen's. It's just like yesterday I can here the parents cursing at the little ones as they ran wild through the aisles pulling things from the shelves then running into little old ladies. All the time the seasoned managers going to the stock room to hide from the Sunday morning shoppers. Happy times yes they were. :patriot:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    oh take your misdirected anger somewhere else. Walmart asked manufacturers to make product cheaper. It was the individual manufacturers that decided to buy their raw materials from China, then to fire all the American workers, and just manufacturer their products in China/Mexico.

Its no more Walmarts fault, that Stanly tools, sells you a chinese made pair of pliers, than its Lowes' fault, for Whirlpool selling you a refrigerator made in Mexico.

Open your mind. Your just looking for an easy target.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Actually, It's part of their business model. They go to a producer say x. They offer producer x .60 per unit for their widget. The first year they want 150,000 units. The second year they want 500,000 units, but they will only pay .53 per. The third year they want 1,000,000 units but will only pay .50 per unit. Producer X has never dreamed of having this much business. They have to upgrade big time. New machines, more labor, more raw materials, bigger facility, but also, more profit. After the third year they come to producer X and say we want 2,500,000 units, but we are only going to pay .22 per unit. What choice does produce x have? Say no, after all of this new equipment, labor, and facility space? Say yes, profits will be down and 2,500,000 units is all they can produce, but they will use all of their resources and manufacture solely for Wal-Mart. The end of the year comes and profits are down, but only by 2%. The next year comes and now they say we want another 2,500,000 units but, we are only going to pay .10. The producer says no, they can't afford to do that. Wal-mart says you can if you move to China. So what does producer x do? Goes to China and has little China boys and girls make their widgets. All along all of the people in the factory here in the US get laid off. While laid off they have to get on foods tamps/ gov't assistance.(Unemployment just won't cut it) And you know where 90% of food stamps/ Wic/ gov't assistance money is spent? You guessed it, Wal=Mart. So they are getting it from both sides. Pretty interesting business model, no?

Top Bottom