• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    the one on e washington does last time i looked (2 months ago). probably not much their right now

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just get the Walmart App. I have been getting quite a bit of ammo using it. Just be willing to travel as soon as you see it in stock. I check every thirty minutes. It is my spring hobby currently. I am not flipping either.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The Walmart on keystone north of 71st has had empty ammo shelves for a while. I've given up looking there. It's a little to Wal-Mart-y anyway.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just get the Walmart App. I have been getting quite a bit of ammo using it. Just be willing to travel as soon as you see it in stock. I check every thirty minutes. It is my spring hobby currently. I am not flipping either.

I thought the wal-mart app only showed you when the truck arrived? I've heard from others that the item will show up in stock but won't be "shelved" until the next morning. Is that true in your experience?

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I thought the wal-mart app only showed you when the truck arrived? I've heard from others that the item will show up in stock but won't be "shelved" until the next morning. Is that true in your experience?

The truck hits the dock and is entered into the inventory system. They generally load ammo and other small big ticket items first so you have to wait for anywhere from 1500-2500 cases of merchandise to be unloaded before they get to the ammo. Some stores require ammo be "checked in" which is why you wont see it until the next morning. You also don't want to just send it out to the floor unless you have an associate to lock it up.

The WM on Lafayette Rd does not sell ammunition.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Our Walmart here sells guns and ammo.

That dont help much when we dont know where HERE is, just so you know.

As for the people hating on walmart, I really dont know why, they are one of the few place that you find ammo at pre panic prices. They are not always stocked because people are there ready to buy it as soon as it hit the shelves. I have been getting 225 bulks of .22lr for 9 and some change and 100rnd bulk .223 for under 40 bucks. Just gotta watch their inventory and be there at 7-8 in the morning, I know thats hard for peeps that have to be at work during that time, but they get ammo about every other day, just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

As for the ones that say "I would rather it be over priced and in stock than good priced but not in stock" all I can say is thats why ammo is over priced, because people that are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it when it is available elsewhere for cheaper.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes they sell ammo but supply is a lot less than demand right now. The shelves resemble Meijer's:
    picture.php

darwinwaswrong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    I waited at Walmart in Hammond, IN for 35 minutes about two years ago. It was at the register in the sporting goods section. I kept asking the lady what the problem was finally she said I am waiting for the manager. So the manager shows up. She hands the ammo to the manager who rang me up in a heartbeat. When I asked why I had to wait the lady tells me it is against my religious beliefs to sell ammo. Yes the manager was standing right next to her and was cool with it.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    That dont help much when we dont know where HERE is, just so you know.

As for the people hating on walmart, I really dont know why, they are one of the few place that you find ammo at pre panic prices. They are not always stocked because people are there ready to buy it as soon as it hit the shelves. I have been getting 225 bulks of .22lr for 9 and some change and 100rnd bulk .223 for under 40 bucks. Just gotta watch their inventory and be there at 7-8 in the morning, I know thats hard for peeps that have to be at work during that time, but they get ammo about every other day, just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

As for the ones that say "I would rather it be over priced and in stock than good priced but not in stock" all I can say is thats why ammo is over priced, because people that are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it when it is available elsewhere for cheaper.

Here is in Logansport, I have found that if you hit a Walmart in a smaller town that they tend to keep what they get in longer than you bigger cities.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    Also I have noticed with the Walmart app is you should search by brand. Ours always seems to get Tulammo in stock so searching 9mm or whatever caliber was not getting me results.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Most walmarts sell ammo. The walmarts in Marion county do not sell guns. The ones in outlying counties seem to sell guns.

Top Bottom