• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would hate to get nabbed while carrying one of the barbecue guns... I think I could even handle the time involved if I knew someone was keeping her cleaned and oiled while away from home.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    So, IMPD has a new wallet and now a new pistol...where is the "IMPD stole my cell phone" thread?? They need to round out the basic EDC lineup.

Or did IMPD even steal the wallet? Was it a different department? I don't remember...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So, IMPD has a new wallet and now a new pistol...where is the "IMPD stole my cell phone" thread?? They need to round out the basic EDC lineup.

Or did IMPD even steal the wallet? Was it a different department? I don't remember...
    Staties got the wallet.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville

Thinking that may have been ISP...they're like that ya know.

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    It is entirely screwed up that you would even have to have this as a consideration.
    It’s unnecessary that it takes having to hire an attorney to get your property returned.
    Seems intentional.

Kinda like when they recover your stolen vehicle and you gotta pay $150 to get it it back. Seems like adding insult to injury.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What are the exact requirements (besides an attorney :rolleyes:) to get your firearms released to pick up from IMPD?

Is a retail purchase receipt with serial numbers mandatory for releasing of firearms?

Will any other proof of ownership suffice?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    why all the hate on cayce for? all he wanted was a "churchmouse summit" can you blame a man for wanting a free cheeseburger?

hell next time I'm in indy I'm starting an argument just for a free lunch!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    What are the exact requirements (besides an attorney :rolleyes:) to get your firearms released to pick up from IMPD?

Is a retail purchase receipt with serial numbers mandatory for releasing of firearms?

Will any other proof of ownership suffice?

They have to do a “background check” on the person before they release the firearm. They have 2 civilian employees who do all the background checks and they claim that there is such a backlog that it takes 12+ months to get one done. I call BS.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    They have to do a “background check” on the person before they release the firearm. They have 2 civilian employees who do all the background checks and they claim that there is such a backlog that it takes 12+ months to get one done. I call BS.

wow when we do a background check (4473) it takes minute's you'd be amazed at how many "background checks" I can do in a day! maybe the IMPD needs to hire me!, unless impd has that many guns seized or returned in a day!

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I actually believe the timeframe is intentional but I can’t back that up beyond suspicion.

I tend to agree; if it was an issue important to your management, they would make it happen.

Although unrelated, look at how there was no money/no staff to fix potholes, until it became a political and media hot button.

It is unfortunate that so much of this depends on where one lives. I tend to think the outcome would be different where I live, in Morgan County.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple

It's a background check that they feel the need for fingerprints! The federal background check isn't good enough I guess. Ridiculous! Just to get my stolen property back!

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Private tow company. City doesn't have tow trucks or a storage yard.

Right, I'm aware of that, not my point, I'm just saying you have to pay to get your own property back. I will say when I called in the theft I was told they would call me if they found it so I could get it before it was towed. (didn't happen).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Right, I'm aware of that, not my point, I'm just saying you have to pay to get your own property back. I will say when I called in the theft I was told they would call me if they found it so I could get it before it was towed. (didn't happen).
    It doesn't sound like they are as bad as Lake County. They put every vehicle they possible can "in impound", so you have to pay even more money to get your vehicle back.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It doesn't sound like they are as bad as Lake County. They put every vehicle they possible can "in impound", so you have to pay even more money to get your vehicle back.

We can put a detective hold on a car for 72 hours if we need to process it for evidence, otherwise there's no hold.

Yeah, it sucks to pay a tow bill. It also sucks to pay a doctor because you got sick, a plumber because a pipe burst, etc. Such is life. Talk to your insurance company and see if they cover the tow.

Top Bottom