• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can anyone tell me about Legal Carry between Indiana and Florida? Do they all allow Indiana License to carry?

I'm going to say it depends. What exact states are you going through and what are the ages(18-20 or 21+ of the LTCH holders?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    You should be okay to carry all the way to Florida. The only state you need to avoid to our south is south carolina which I doubt you will be going through. The bigger issue, which is where you need to do your homework is the little random laws in each state such as do no gun signs hold weight of law, what places are off limits by law, do you need to inform officer if pulled over, can you open carry or just conceal, etc.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    You should be okay to carry all the way to Florida. The only state you need to avoid to our south is south carolina which I doubt you will be going through. The bigger issue, which is where you need to do your homework is the little random laws in each state such as do no gun signs hold weight of law, what places are off limits by law, do you need to inform officer if pulled over, can you open carry or just conceal, etc.

This exactly.

Get the ccw app by workman consulting for smartphones. It costs a few bucks but well worth it when traveling. The have good info on the app as well as links to all the state law sites.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    This is why so many people have also applied for a Concealed Carry Permit for Utah, it expands the amount of states you can legally carry in.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    This is why so many people have also applied for a Concealed Carry Permit for Utah, it expands the amount of states you can legally carry in.

But many states (like Florida) require you to be a resident of the state that issued the permit. So if you have an Indiana and Utah permit, be sure to show the Indiana permit in Florida.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I like this page for specific information Handgunlaw.us

It gives info in plain English like, do I have to inform, Do signs carry the weight of law, and can I carry in a restaurant that sell alcohol.

These are the big three for me as I prefer to CC.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The State of Tennessee has the most corrupt law enforcement I have ever seen. Read up on Tennessee and their "creative" use of asset forfeiture laws. There are towns down there where the county and city police fight each other over the best places to hide on the highway and make money. "We're taking all of your money - if you want it back you must plead guilty to whatever crime we can dream up - because you might be a drug dealer." Some of the Depts. have pulled down 8 to 10 million dollars of year just on asset forfeiture. For THAT kind of money they can and have become extremely creative.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The State of Tennessee has the most corrupt law enforcement I have ever seen. Read up on Tennessee and their "creative" use of asset forfeiture laws. There are towns down there where the county and city police fight each other over the best places to hide on the highway and make money. "We're taking all of your money - if you want it back you must plead guilty to whatever crime we can dream up - because you might be a drug dealer." Some of the Depts. have pulled down 8 to 10 million dollars of year just on asset forfeiture. For THAT kind of money they can and have become extremely creative.

So what does that have to do with Richwon's question?

Top Bottom