• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I looked and used the search function and found nothing on this, but I know someone will let me know if this is a dupe.

I`m amazed and disgusted that some law firm would sue Indiana over ceasing to allocate federal monies for unemployment. It is NOT the obligation, much less the proper role of government to provide monies to it`s citizens. Period.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Irreparable harm to their clients? Who are these clients and why are they having issues finding employment?
    They have no skills and dont want to work hard, yet feel entitled to premium wages therefore they are unemployed. The irreparable harm is the realization that nobody wants to support their bum *****.

Note to mods- (asses) is not filtered yet lol

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I looked and used the search function and found nothing on this, but I know someone will let me know if this is a dupe.

I`m amazed and disgusted that some law firm would sue Indiana over ceasing to allocate federal monies for unemployment. It is NOT the obligation, much less the proper role of government to provide monies to it`s citizens. Period.

Lawyers make their living in court, that is what they do Some do not take baseless cases, some do not take morally wrong cases, but some do.

Look at all the people that had a Craftsman Lawn mower that was good quality, performed well, was dependable and easy to use. Some legal firm made a bundle because there was a wrong label on it. I never noticed the label was wrong. My uncle never cared that his Oldsmobile had a General motors engine, he said it was the best running Olds he ever owned, and that it got the best mileage. Lawyers made a ton on that one also.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Irreparable harm to their clients? Who are these clients and why are they having issues finding employment?

I know several people who have had a spouse that was laid off and qualified for the enhanced pay. They actually came out with MORE take home pay than when they worked. That was pretty poorly thought out. If staying home pays better than working, it is pretty hard to be motivated to work. Poorly planned program.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know several people who have had a spouse that was laid off and qualified for the enhanced pay. They actually came out with MORE take home pay than when they worked. That was pretty poorly thought out. If staying home pays better than working, it is pretty hard to be motivated to work. Poorly planned program.

Yep, it's been proven that's true, though the Leftists keep denying it. It made sense to add the extra money for a while, since the government put so many people out of work. Now that that country is opening back up, there are TONS of jobs, so this extra money no longer makes sense. Of course, I'm guessing this was their plan the whole time... :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A better question might be how are those “clients“, who are out of work, paying their lawyers ?
    This was being discussed in one of the Covid threads. Here's your answer...

Reactions: Leo

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The genius of the old WPA and CCC programs was that in addressing poverty, it paid enough so people could eat and not steal, but it still paid low enough that people would quit and take a non program job as soon as they could, including management. That would have avoided the mess we are now in.
    Apparently those in government that designed this program had not realized the value of buying votes. Jim.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hey, the more Hoosiers sitting at home crying about wanting unemployment instead of getting a job, the less competition I have to deal with trying to get hired. Yes, stay home, call lawyers, don't file applications or show up for interviews... :whistle:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I heard people were getting close to $1000 a week. Don’t know if true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the "First" Covid relief bill (Signed by Trump and expired July 2020 unemployment was about $1000 a week. Then dropped to $700 where it has stayed more or less. Coverage has been a **** show, my company closed the plant before the first covid relief bill was passed and it was a **** show.

^^^

As to activist judges, call your state Rep and Senator and ask them to change the law apparently. Then again Indiana is always eager to throw away taxpayer money on virtue signaling lawsuits and laws doomed to fail.

"Indiana code gives the state the responsibility of securing “all rights and benefits” conferred under certain federal statutes, including those that “deal with the establishment and funding of federal and state unemployment benefits schemes,” Hanley said, and the benefits under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act are funded by those statutes.

“Indiana law recognizes the importance of these benefits. Indiana law requires the State to accept these benefits,” Hanley said. "

Top Bottom