• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Citizens of the State of Indiana, now is the time to contact your state representative and inform him or her to as to the urgency of forming a state militia to defend the constitution of the State of Indiana. We must urge our state representatives to recall all Indiana Guard troops that are currently abroad. A state militia is needed to defend the freedom, liberty, property and sovereignty of the State of Indiana.

The federal government is unhinging as we speak. We soon may not be afforded the rights and protections granted to us by the Constitution of the United States of America.

The time to act is now. Call, email, or write your Representative.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Soon, I'm afraid, the federal government will control every thing of necessity: Food, Fuel, Factory Ammo and Money to name a few things.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    The IGR looks interesting, but it looks more like a color guard than a state militia. Is anyone here a member? If so, please let us know what the IGR is about.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This topic has come up time and time again on these boards but alas I don't think we have anyone on this board that *IS* a member of this organization nor has anyone spoken to a recruit about it.

Anyone?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Food: They're working on it.
    Lose your property for growing food?

Fuel: They already do.

Ammo: They're working on it.
    House Bill 1260

Legislation

Money: They already do.

Of note, HB 1260 was killed in last year's legislative session before it ever got a hearing. This was accomplished by numerous phone calls and letters to the committee chairman in a concerted effort to make our voices heard. The attempt was not repeated this year. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    3 years in the operational army during the cold war? plus hes about 60lbs over weight. if youre going to wear an Army uniform, you should have to have some kind of fitness standard. i dont care if it says Indiana instead of us Army.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    3 years in the operational army during the cold war? plus hes about 60lbs over weight. if youre going to wear an Army uniform, you should have to have some kind of fitness standard. i dont care if it says Indiana instead of us Army.

I am assuming you are talking about this fellow:

CSM Mark Morris entered the U.S. Army in 1972 and completed basic training at Fort Knox, KY. He completed AIT at Fort Campbell, KY and Air Assault Training at Fort Campbell. CSM Morris served 2 years in Germany. He was the V Corp "Soldier of the Year".

In 1975 he entered the Indiana National Guard. For 11 years he was an instructor at the Indiana Military Academy. He joined the Indiana Guard reserve in 1994 as Command Sergeant Major.

And your major issue with him is that he would not beable to run the obstacle course as quick as an 18 year old?

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I know CSM Morris, he is a stand up guy, I am sure that he would be willing to answer any questions about the IGR, pm me if you want his contact info and can't find it on the net.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    HB 1260 was killed? That's great news. I was trying to find information on that bill. When you go to the site it only shows that it was introduced.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    HB 1260 was killed? That's great news. I was trying to find information on that bill. When you go to the site it only shows that it was introduced.

Yep. The info's all over this site including in the INGO FAQ that Pami wrote because it keeps getting brought up, but Rep. Bill Crawford introduced it last legislative session. It was assigned to Rep. Trent VanHaaften's committee, and he refused to give it a hearing. As a result, the bill died in committee.

It took the effort of many gun owners and liberty lovers writing to and calling Rep. VanHaaften to make that happen.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilence."

Blessings,
    Bill

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    aren't these guys usually at the 1500 recruiting? I thought I saw them there..? anyway, from wiki...

"The Guard Reserve is a unique military organization designed to provide military support for the State of Indiana when units of the Indiana Army National Guard are activated for federal service outside the State of Indiana. When the Indiana Army National Guard enters upon active federal service and departs Indiana the Indiana Guard Reserve remains in Indiana and becomes the Governor's military force. The Indiana Guard Reserve could be assigned missions of providing custodial management of armories, security for armories and possibly other state properties, and support to civilian authorities in natural disasters and other state emergencies."

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Is there actual firearm and military training involved? I have already requested more information from IGR but I thought someone here might know.

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sounds like they fill a service support type role for the Guard and an emergency response type role for civilians if the guard isn't around. Let us know when you find out what it's all about. I'm not eligible, but curious anyway.

Top Bottom