• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But I think I didn't, because we're not debating the abortion issue, and just discussing how non-2A issues affect voting for 2A supporters.
    Look, abortion is being brought up OK. Thats usually all it takes. This has been OK so far so just let it go OK.....:dunno:
    Dont push me alright. I read far more than any of you do and have a good knowledge of what works or not.

Done here unless I need to get involved.
    Nuff said.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Churchmouse, I apologize. I really didn't expect the abortion question to become an issue, but somehow 1911 vs. Glock has entered the thread, which I didn't expect. It's only going to get worse from here. Sorry.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I think the biggest problem is that even minor transgressions to the 'norm' are magnified by the MSM and political opponents to make it seem like one has committed crimes against humanity. Even more so when you are not a part of the establishment. A person gets a ticket when they were 18 for underage drinking, now they are a substance abuser who cannot control themselves. We all, for the most part, do stupid stuff when we are young but showing growth is a good trait IMHO.

THIS!

Another great example would be to consider how many of us turned 18 while our girlfriends were still 16 or 17? One headline of "sex with underage girl" without any context would sink anyone's hope of getting elected. Your opponent would make sure that headline ran daily without context, and in today's climate, you wouldn't even be given a chance to offer an explanation.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My intent is to provoke thought about what liberty is. I hope that everyone here wants freedom from the chains of government gun laws in the name of liberty, but I'm also wondering about how much liberty they're willing to give others.

I specifically picked the abortion issue, because for some, it's just as inflammatory as the Second Amendment issue.

I'm just asking the question, how much freedom to people want, versus how much freedom do they want to give?

Liberty for the things YOU believe, or liberty for EVERYONE in the things you believe?
    Well I am for liberty for ALL. And it is my theory that I don’t want person that is willing to get a 7month abortion reproducing anyhow.

BUT the argument could be made that I also want freedom and liberty for that child that is being killed. And that is why abortion is a different discussion than all the others. Sorry if already been discussed couldn’t finish reading the thread.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not picking on you Ashton, I'm commenting on the sentiment I've seen on a few other boards, and from people I know. They are all pro-Second Amendment, until I ask, If there was a bill that would repeal GCA 1968, no more FFLS or 4473s, but would allow abortions up to the 7th month of pregnancy, would you support it?

Suddenly, people lose their resolve (if not their minds).

I would vote to pass such a bill. Regardless of if I was a representative or senator, and I would sign it into law if I was president.
    Absolutely, 100% hard no.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have often wondered how that would effect me or anyone else for that matter.
    As you have always said and I completely agree….”Follow” the money.

I can think of no other single statement that so well covers the problems in our Government. Or big business. Or about anything else.
    I go to the Bible for a good explanation.

The love of money is the root of all evil.

It does not say being rich is evil, just loving money more than anything else.

I think you would be just fine, and you would not sell out your country and friends for money.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I think you would be just fine, and you would not sell out your country and friends for money.
    I like to think the same. If I win the mega lotto today I’d still be the same ******* I was yesterday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I would like to think some of us would be immune.
    But then we are not seeking out living in the swamp.

Top Bottom