• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I have to say that I am poor, and therefore prefer canik, but wish to prefer walther once I have enough dough to carry one. Great triggers matter, but I am too practical to snub compact and lightweight 9mms.
    On the more practical side, what is your position on foreign intervention? How about executive branch bloat? Are you good at BSing your way through press briefings?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Keep troops home as much as possible. Stop the nation building we’ve been doing both overtly and covertly. Secure our own borders. Pull back UN and NATO funding/input.

Executive branch but fed and state need to be reigned in. This rule by EO is out of hand. The whole money in the honey pot is getting old to me.

BS? Nah. I just say what I think as politely as possible. But people will have their feelings hurt.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Don't we live in an international world where you need supplies from around the world, like Taiwan to build most of what we do? how to we keep troops back, but also stop the hegemony of china?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    They are all pro-Second Amendment, until I ask, If there was a bill that would repeal GCA 1968, no more FFLS or 4473s, but would allow abortions up to the 7th month of pregnancy, would you support it?

I find both ideas repugnant, as both are infringements on rights endowed by our Creator, specifically Life and Liberty. Forced to make such a choice, I would grant extreme deference to the right that can be restored by actions of mankind versus the right that cannot be restored.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I find both ideas repugnant, as both are infringements on rights endowed by our Creator, specifically Life and Liberty. Forced to make such a choice, I would grant extreme deference to the right that can be restored by actions of mankind versus the right that cannot be restored.
    I agree on that front, but based on the law of the land today, I believe that 7 months is an actual improvement in a few regions. Murder is, however, still murder.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Don't we live in an international world where you need supplies from around the world, like Taiwan to build most of what we do? how to we keep troops back, but also stop the hegemony of china?
    We aren’t the world police, no matter how much we might have acted like it for the last 50 years. It behooves us to move more manufacturing back to the US and be a little more self sufficient and less reliant on global politics for our needs.

If we would focus a little more on the trades and a little less in the “everyone must go to college” we might be able to get back on our feet. Focus a little more on personal responsibilities and a lot less on victimhood and then lane game. No, that’s not popular right now. But what is going to get us to move forward, playing the blame game for our failures or admitting we f’d up and finding a solution to not do it again?

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I would prefer a federal government which is silent on both matters, and allows states to adopt their own laws, rather than having the fed press them.
    One of the reasons that the US cannot compete with taiwan for microchip production is that the US has much stricter environmental protection regulations than certain nations, which are the current world leaders in production. If the EPA was removed, or else semiconductor production started taking place in native american reservations, we could start to become players on the global stage, or at least produce some for ourselves.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I see what you are doing as to freedoms/ liberty’s. I see much the same in people.
    No 2 are going to see eye to eye in this.
    But I would ask the the abortion topic be avoided because it is one of the most volatile topics we discuss on this board.
    People loose their minds over it. Makes it very rough on us (staff).
    Thanks.
    I really wasn't trying to start an abortion debate. I just picked a hot button issue because I know it's very important to a lot of people, and in some cases more important than the issue of their Second Amendment rights. There are a lot of issues like that for people I know who claim to be staunch Second Amendment advocates. The point I was making is, how much are people willing to give to get what they want? No candidate is perfect, but I'd like to find one that is perfect when it comes to the Second Amendment, even if they're imperfect on other issues.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    If you did all that, you'd be no better than anyone else. You represent the people, not your opinion. So, at times you will have to vote against yourself; can you do that?
    I think the difference between me and the current crop of politicians is that I would be honest about everything while I'm campaigning, even to the detriment of my campaign. You will know exactly where I stand on every issue. So, if the people vote for me, then I am representing them.

I'm not hemming and hawing about it, I'm not being evasive to cover my arse for when I switch up later, I'm telling you staight up I would do that. Repeal the NFA and allow polygamy among consenting adults? I vote yes. Vote for me, or don't. Universal health care? Nay. Raise the national minimum wage? Nay. Phase out Social Security? Yea. Eliminate goverment backed student loans? Yea. Protect some wetland for some cute little animal you love that I've never heard of, eliminate some government agency I've never heard of, create a federal law against some financial "crime" I've never heard of? I will freely admit my ignorance of the issue, then research it and issue a position statement for you to consider, and it will be consistent with my ideal of liberty. Vote for me, or not. I'm not going to be wishy washy about any issue. I'll tell you honestly what I'm going to do. And I won't waver.

So if I get your vote, then I have to presume that I am working for the people I represent, even the people who "held their noses and voted for the lesser of two evils". If you voted for me, then I do things that you consider evil, remember that you voted for evil. You could have withheld your vote, and not voted for either evil, be it the greater or lesser. But you still voted for evil.

That's presuming you can get over the many skeletons they will pull out of my closet. :abused:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Consider McCain vs. Obama, 2008. McCain was a strong advocate of "closing the gun show loophole". KNOWING that, and you'd have to be pretty ignorant not to at the time, how may of you voted for him as "the lesser of two evils"? If he had been elected, and had eliminated all non-FFL private transfers, so every private transfer had to go through an FFL, would you have complained even though you voted for him?

Talking to the people who aren't fraidy-cats who support this kind of infringement.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Then there's Romney. How many of you "held your nose" and voted for this moron? Lesser of two evils, right? He signed an assault weapons ban into law in his home state, do you think he would have done otherwise at a national level?

You knew this, and you voted for him. What were you thinking? Thinking about that imaginary R/D line, and how you wanted "your team" to win? "Not as bad" as the other guy?

When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you still get evil. Don't be surprised when evil happens.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Then there's Romney. How many of you "held your nose" and voted for this moron? Lesser of two evils, right? He signed an assault weapons ban into law in his home state, do you think he would have done otherwise at a national level?

You knew this, and you voted for him. What were you thinking? Thinking about that imaginary R/D line, and how you wanted "your team" to win? "Not as bad" as the other guy?

When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you still get evil. Don't be surprised when evil happens.

"Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater ones invariably slink in after it."
    - Baltasar Gracian

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Good for you. Just curious, do you vote 3rd party, and/or withhold your vote when there's no viable alternative? You still vote when issues are being voted on, I hope.

Most often vote for the Libertarian candidate since they most often align most closely with a limited state and a free market.

Withhold my vote when no alternative aligns with that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really wasn't trying to start an abortion debate. I just picked a hot button issue because I know it's very important to a lot of people, and in some cases more important than the issue of their Second Amendment rights. There are a lot of issues like that for people I know who claim to be staunch Second Amendment advocates. The point I was making is, how much are people willing to give to get what they want? No candidate is perfect, but I'd like to find one that is perfect when it comes to the Second Amendment, even if they're imperfect on other issues.
    But it seems you did, and I really am not for it but as long as you fells stay civil no worries OK....:)

Top Bottom