Indiana Second Amendment March is now set!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Let me start by saying, this is not my event. It is a state event that is an off-shoot of the National event. Any questions or concerns should be directed to Jared at jpgollnitz@yahoo.com. He is the organizer of this event.

Indiana Second Amendment March is now set!!!

When: Saturday, April 17th 2 - 5pm
    Where: Downtown Indianapolis, starting at the Indiana State House!!!!!

We'll start at the State House and walk a rectangular route past many of the local parks and monuments, and city buildings. All marchers are to stay ON THE SIDEWALKS, and not hand out any ADHESIVE materials. Standard fliers are okay though. We must also maintain a 6-ft. space between ourselves and the buildings on the side walk for safety reasons, and KEEP THE ROUTE CLEAN OF LITTER! We must show with our actions that gun owners are responsible citizens.

What to bring, (in addition to your guns): Comfortable shoes, your own non-alcoholic beverages, and if you so desire, money or check to donate to the national march in DC (checks can be made out to Second Amendment March). The organizers of the DC event have some huge expenses for their event.

If you wish to advertise in the flier I will be putting together, please contact me directly for sponsorship information.

THIS EVENT IS OPEN-CARRY, WITH A COUPLE STIPULATIONS:
    1)YOU MUST POSSESS A VALID HANDGUN PERMIT IN ORDER TO CARRY A HANDGUN, OPEN OR CONCEALED, PER INDIANA HANDGUN LAW!!!
    2) ALL LONG GUNS ARE PERMITTED. THE FIREARM CAN HAVE LOADED MAGAZINE, BUT NO ROUNDS MAY BE CHAMBERED WHILE CARRYING. LONG GUNS MUST BE CARRIED WITH THE MUZZLE POINTED SAFELY TO THE GROUND AT ALL TIMES.

We will also be passing a donation can to assists with costs of the DC march as well, so please bring some extra cash if you wish to make a donation.

We are working with the IMPD to make sure everyone is safe and the public isn't too alarmed when they see people parading with firearms :-)
    If you have any questions or would like to contribute, please feel free to contact me at jpgollnitz@yahoo.com

A social will be held afterward at Jonathan Byrd's Cafeteria in Greenwood, IN. from 5:30 - 7pm. The cost will vary depending on your meal selection, but please plan on approximately $10 per person if you wish to eat at the restaurant.

The address is:

Jonathan Byrd's Cafeteria
    100 Byrd Way
    Greenwood, IN 46143

Let's get as many gun owners at this event as possible. Please spread the word!

Thanks!

Jared Gollnitz
    Indiana State Coordinator,
    Second Amendment March
    http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/indiana
    http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com (DC Main Event)

P.S. - For those of you in the media (radio, webcast, podcast, etc.), I would be happy to come on the air for a segment if you would like to assist in promoting this event!

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    1)YOU MUST POSSESS A VALID HANDGUN PERMIT IN ORDER TO CARRY A HANDGUN, OPEN OR CONCEALED, PER INDIANA HANDGUN LAW!!!
    I thought open carry did not require a license to carry? When did that change?

If you are planning this, you must get it right...for the children. ;)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I thought open carry did not require a license to carry? When did that change?

If you are planning this, you must get it right...for the children. ;)

Whoa! So, please tell me you haven't been OCing w/o an LTCH thinking it was OK :dunno:

As for the Walk, I will check the schedule, I may be in for this one...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Jared, glad to see this finally came together for you. If you need any help with it, let me know.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'll be there and will provide these two or three pieces of info as handouts...I'll bring enough for all to handout.
    It is the same info we handed out during our last OC event downtown Indy.

whywewalkpage1.png

gunlawf.png

whyguniscivil.png

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Thanks for all the interest brothers. However, I am just posting this on here for Jared. He is the Indiana coordinator for the National march which will be held on the 19th of April in DC. Check them out @ ( Second Amendment March )There wont be any gun toting over there!:xmad: So not sure if I will make this one because I will be on my way to DC. I figure I can carry to VA (thanks to my Utah permit), stay a night or two there and go to DC unarmed!:xmad: I hope there will be a good turn out:patriot: Have fun, stay safe, oh and make sure you have your LTCH.
    Thanks again,
    Mike.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Where exactly are you meeting at the State House (E.W.N.S)? Any recomendations for parking?

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to be there but can't. I'm scheduled to be at TDI in Ohio for HG1-3 that weekend.
    I hope many will attend and represent all of us VERY well. Glad to see this happening!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This.

and. I'll be there.

Regardless, your two best parking options in the area is pay to park at the mall, but you'll have to be careful as they're anti-gun parking garages. I don't foresee anyone saying anything, but just a heads up. The BEST place to park is the White River State Park. They have an above ground and below ground parking. As I found out at the last meeting for the Indy OC Walk, you have to pay for surface parking at the little green kiosks.

I would assume meeting at White River would be best, but who knows. I guess we'll see. I wouldn't suggest meeting AT the capitol building though.

Top Bottom