• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I'm Active Duty in the Army and was just wondering if there were any other fellow INGO'ers that are serving that are also stationed in El Paso, TX and might be interested in meeting up, maybe have a range day at The Rod and Gun Club. Hope there might be some of ya out there, hope to hear!

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I hope you can find some fellow INGO there and enjoy some shooting. I do not live there but I travel there for business, I expect to make two or three trips this year with the dates unknown.

I just wanted to reply so that you know someone was reading and knows where you are talking about.

Good luck in your search.

Terry

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ahhh. . . glorious Ft Bliss. No, not there. My wife's family is from there and my wife did her ROTC at U.T.E.P. in conjunction with a unit at Bliss. But that was back in the days when we would walk over to Juarez and spend the day drinking, then walk back. Oh for the good old days.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm Active Duty in the Army and was just wondering if there were any other fellow INGO'ers that are serving that are also stationed in El Paso, TX and might be interested in meeting up, maybe have a range day at The Rod and Gun Club. Hope there might be some of ya out there, hope to hear!

DUDE! Now we know what happened to you!!

I knew you were talking about enlisting, but I didn't know that you had actually done it. Well played, sir!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Ahhh. . . glorious Ft Bliss. No, not there. My wife's family is from there and my wife did her ROTC at U.T.E.P. in conjunction with a unit at Bliss. But that was back in the days when we would walk over to Juarez and spend the day drinking, then walk back. Oh for the good old days.

Tis not the case now. Very much the tale of two cities as it were...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    DUDE! Now we know what happened to you!!

I knew you were talking about enlisting, but I didn't know that you had actually done it. Well played, sir!
    Thanks Rhino! for better or worse I guess! It grinds on me sometimes, but overall it isn't bad, and I'm not in Afghanistan or Korea, so there's that! Take care!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Tis not the case now. Very much the tale of two cities as it were...

YUP, I think everyone on the El Paso side of the Rio Grande walks around in Kevlar to protect themselves from stray bullets headed north.

But back about 30 years ago Juarez was actually a pretty nice city (at least parts) and it was safe for people to walk around and spend the day eating/drinking/sightseeing. Back then Americans would drive over the open border (there were guards, but it was pretty much a 'wave through' crossing) to buy cheap cigarettes and booze. The Mexican day laborers would cross to El Paso and work construction, domestic services, landscaping, etc.

The beer was cold, the sun was hot and the girls were pretty. But that was another era.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks Rhino! for better or worse I guess! It grinds on me sometimes, but overall it isn't bad, and I'm not in Afghanistan or Korea, so there's that! Take care!

Indeed! My buddy is soon to deploy to Germany for three years after over three in Afghanistan from two tours combined. It's going to be like a three year vacation for him. With easy access to Amsterdam. Amsterdam. Dutch Girls. In Amsterdam.

Man, he's posted updates all along...

I did not know that! Where?

Top Bottom