• ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Cabela's is dead... JL Waters is good

The plans for Cabelas in Greenwood is dead for now but I understand they still own the land so who knows for the future.
    JL Waters in Bloomington is a good high end camping, hiking, canoeing, flyfishing store but they don't carry firearms. I know, they are in evil Bloomington...

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Yeah, JL is in Bloomington but they have a lot of stuff. I used to go there 15 years ago back in college days.

Don't know what its like now but I could never understand why these kids that work in outfitter stores feel like it gives them credibility if they don't take a bath? Just because you like to backpack doesn't mean you can't practice good hygiene. Sheesh.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    ashkelon i would love a rei. as far as the extreme outfitters in carmel they are decent but they are extremely high priced. for fire steel and striker 14-18 dollars. you can grab them off the net for 3-5 bucks. most of there clothing selection that i noticed was all cotton. what's the point of hiking camping or hunting clothes being cotton (aka the death cloth) and most of the cotton clothing was 70-100 bucks a shirt. but they do have a helpful staff and stock a very good amount of tents packs some knives lots of para cord. they also have a good amount of camp cooking stuff.

either way imo we need another store with more options and a bit better pricing

Top Bottom