• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    YES! Can't wait! Gotta go get a auto knife picked out to buy for celebration. We should make it a State wide INGO event date night! Auto Knife Night 2012! YEAH!!

Yes....!!!! I have already planned on doing this....!!!!! And already know the person who can assist me in my purchase....¡¡!!! Yoohoo.*** BRAD ..!!!

Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    is it legal to carry a kabar in your car?
    You may have local laws to obey but here is my deal and THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!!!!!!!!!! Cant stress that lol I dont care about local laws because atlest here in my county and city no one knows the freaking laws lol

I was told 4 different opinions by LE for carrying a firearm 2 said it was illegal to open carry 2 said it was legal...go figure one said I could carry a sword if I wanted to and the other said nothing over an inch....I think alot of them wanna "push" a personal agenda lol

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Just read this thread all the way through, lot's of good info!
    I'll have to check into any local ordinances to be sure everything I might carry would be legal.
    So.....no automatic openers, no throwing stars, no knifes on school/federal property about covers it for IN knife no go's as of now.

arctic427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Indy
    From what i have seen the law will change as of june or july on automatics when it takes effect when it does u wil be able to own, posses and sell, they got it attached to another bill and got it passed last year.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    From what i have seen the law will change as of june or july on automatics when it takes effect when it does u wil be able to own, posses and sell, they got it attached to another bill and got it passed last year.

you have heard better than me. the way I understand the bill died. so auto's will still be illegal and unless it gets brought again.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

The last I heard was it never was brought up for a final vote and died. Please reference a creditable site or source if you have heard otherwise.

Gun Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Does this mean that Kershaw's Leek and other style knives are not legal? They are not propelled by a spring or button, but the blade is propelled out because of tension applied by the backstrap. Does anyone know how the law has been applied to these types of knives?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Does this mean that Kershaw's Leek and other style knives are not legal? They are not propelled by a spring or button, but the blade is propelled out because of tension applied by the backstrap. Does anyone know how the law has been applied to these types of knives?

You are referring to "assisted opening" knives. Completely legal. You are manually manipulating the blade open by touching the blade, rather than remotely via a "switch".

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Hey guys,
    I just read the whole thread. I am a cop and agree that if you ask any 5 cops you are likely going to get 3 different answers. Many cties have ordinances that prevent carrying knives with blades over a certain length, fixed blades, etc. Just for your information the maximum penalty for an ordinace violatin is a ticket......you cannot be taken to jail for an ordinace or infraction violation. We have a ratyer strange guy in town who carries 2 machettes strapped to his back. We also have an ordinance that would prevent this, but he is harmless and it hasnt been enforced.
    Ryan

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    In my opinion it dont get any better than a usa buck and they are very affordable just make sure it says usa on the package. I recently purchased a skeleton handled fixed blade for 18 bucks at wally world that would shave out of the box and it rockwelled 56 which means it will hold the edge.excellent quality when you get a usa made one.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Can I carry a sword? :D Always wanted to be like ye olden days and carry me a nice Celtic Long Sword or Roman Gladius

I would conceal a sword in a nice narrow bag that I can wear on my back and would be easy enough to bust out.

There really isn't a lot of laws in the US that bans swords. Mostly because when America started out, the use of swords was already being pushed aside for guns.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Unlike was mentioned erly in the thread, there are NO ordinances regarding blade length length in Carmel. I live in Noblesville, work in Carmel, and neither city nor county have rules regarding blade length.

Top Bottom