• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • murph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Lawrence County
    So its ok on school property as long as its not intended to be a weapon? When they say AND in law it usually means both.

Who cares about sex ed... children really need 4 years of pre law included in their education these days with all the law happy ex-hippie baby boomers now "trying to make the world a better place".

:yesway: Couldn't have said that better myself!!! Although I normally refer to them as hippie liberal douchebags. hehe

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I don't have the time to look through all the replies to this thread so I'll just ask. I have a knife that was issued to my unit when I was deployed. It's this one:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/5000

It has a button on the front that you pull back to release the blade. It's called an "Auto Presidio" so I'm thinking it's illegal. Can anyone help?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I don't have the time to look through all the replies to this thread so I'll just ask. I have a knife that was issued to my unit when I was deployed. It's this one:

5000 Auto Presidio Product Detail

It has a button on the front that you pull back to release the blade. It's called an "Auto Presidio" so I'm thinking it's illegal. Can anyone help?

In Indiana it is illegal unless you are still active military.

metalsiclog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Concealed Knife

No where in the Indiana knife laws does it say anything about a concealed knife. I bought a belt knife that is concealed in the belt itself and I would like to know if it is even legal for me to wear the belt!?!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    So a fixed blade knife is ok to posess (as long as not property described above?)

I seen a cops episode where some Joe Dirt got charged for illegal ccw of a fixed blade knife.

I don't remember the location, but was curious if indiana had this law cause I carry fixed blade knives in most of my vehicles...

And I think what I have on my bike is considered a switch blade !!

I might have watched this episode, he had it in his boot right?
    Anyways, I'm from CA and out there a fixed blade knife has to be worn on the waist in a sheath in the open.

jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    This is all pretty interesting. I'm an old guy (older and retired), that has studied martial arts and stick fighting for for a time, as well as has a "Indiana (life), handgun permit". None the less, my replaced knee doesn't allow me to run like I use to, or run at all for that matter. I carry a sword cane (by Cold Steel), for walks and the possible 2 or 4 legged dogs that I might run into. I have asked law enforcement officers about any laws forbidding the carry of such a cane and was told as far as they knew in Indiana there wasn't one. As a matter of fact every officer that asked, wanted to see it and respond with that it is cool and then followed with variations of "I gotta get me one of these,...lol! I guess that it gets down to a matter of self defense and what is concealed.
    Anybody know of any laws that would prohibit the carry of my cane?

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I thought i heard there was a bill in the Indiana legislature regarding auto knives. Do you think we will every see a change to allow possession of auto knives?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I thought i heard there was a bill in the Indiana legislature regarding auto knives. Do you think we will every see a change to allow possession of auto knives?

personally, the way the country is heading? probly not. but there have been a lot of big strides made by knife rights groups. so it COULD very well be repealled someday.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    indiana Knife Law.

Any word on the auto knife law? My understanding is that this was a law put in place in the 1950s and has never been modified. Seems like there should be an update. Those with carry permits should be allowed to carry and own an auto knife. As it is now its illegal to even own one of these in a collection.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I do not believe there is a law on sword canes. Since it is not stated as something prohibited, it results in it being legal. Same for long guns, you can carry them around with you without a license if you wish to. You could even carry a 6 foot long two handed sword on your back.

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    now, as has been noted in numerous other threads, local government (cities, counties, towns) can make laws SEPERATE from the state. those laws, in indiana, are few and far between but do exsist. for example: there are a few (i can think of two) places which have outlawed assisted opening knives. carmel is one, and i'm at a loss for the others right now.....

sort of like short barreled shotguns are not illegal, but indiana residents cannot own one, due to state laws.

I live in Noblesville (Hamilton co). Have a few kershaw spring assist knives. If your driving on 37 or alot of other places, you can pass in and out of Carmel and not even know it. So when I do while carrying a kershaw, I'm breaking the law? If I would get stopped by Carmel Leo while also carrying my mp9, wonder what would happen??? Btw I carry a kershaw cryo. It's a nice blade but I don't really even consider it as a weapon. ( although I know that doesn't matter)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So does it apply to those Speedsafe assisted open knives? I have a Kershaw... can't remember exact model... but it's a folder you push on the back of the handle and it pops open. Seems "automatic" to me

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    No, your knife is speed assisted. You assist the opening process, you do not "release" the blade, therefore it is not an auto.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Assisted and auto are significantly different. Auto means you use something to RELEASE the blade (button, scale, lever). Assisted you make contact WITH the blade (NOT a seperate part) usually by a spring.

And technical, when passing through ANY portion of a prohibited area, you are breaking the law. But as with other prohibited items being transported, there are ways to make it legal for a limitied time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom