• indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    More info on the V-1 in Indiana.

I can personally attest that it has existed there at least 50 years and based on the pics has been restored twice.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    There must be something missing from this fact. There are several counties in Indiana, let alone the country, with multiple court houses.

Porter has 2
    St. Joseph has 2
    Elkhart has 2
    Lake has 4
    etc., etc.
    I was going to point this one out. St. Joe has 3 county court houses, and the federal courthouse.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was going to point this one out. St. Joe has 3 county court houses, and the federal courthouse.
    I need to get back over to St. Joe...wait, I forgot about the 1855 courthouse so there’s that one, the main county courthouse and Mishawaka (the site of my very first small claims trial).

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I need to get back over to St. Joe...wait, I forgot about the 1855 courthouse so there’s that one, the main county courthouse and Mishawaka (the site of my very first small claims trial).
    Main Courthouse Downtown, Mishawaka Division, and the Probate courthouse.

farmdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    General Lew Wallace is from Crawfordsville, Indiana. He was a Civil War Union general, Governor of New Mexico Territory, and wrote Ben Hur amongst other things.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well, technically yes, and no.

You can direct ship wine to a consumer only if that wine is not sold by a distributor in the state.

So if a wine is not sold by any distributor in the state, there may be a direct sale, but if that wine is sold by a small distributor no matter how small a area that may it be, it may not be sold anywhere in the state because techinally they have the distribution rights, and since Indiana operates on the 3 tier system, that would be a violation of the law.

I sorta know a little bit of this, after all I delivered beer/wine all over Indiana from 1985 to 2013. It used to be that no wine could be direct sold to the consumer in Indiana, period.

There may have been some tweaks and mild changes since I got out in 2013. But I have tried to stay up on things to a extent. I still ahve tons of friends in the business.
    I bet we have purchased wine from wine.com several dozen times. It's sometimes been wine we can buy at the local liquor store, only cheaper by the case. Or a Pinot or Cab we've tried at a restaurant and liked. So either they are skirting the law somehow, or something else is going on.

Back in the 70's and 80's when I was making wine quite a bit I know we could not ship bottles...period.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    General Lew Wallace is from Crawfordsville, Indiana. He was a Civil War Union general, Governor of New Mexico Territory, and wrote Ben Hur amongst other things.
    ... Actually, he's from Brookville, Indiana. He did make Crawfordsville his home, however, after retirement. He met and later married a Crawfordsville woman after having met her at a party hosted by Henry S. Lane.

I have an autographed copy of Ben Hur: A Tale of the Christ. I do not believe it's a first edition, however...sadly. I also have an early copy of The Prince of India that I found in an antique shop in Oldenburg. I should work on filling out that collection of Wallace books.

Top Bottom