• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Any accident of that magnitude, the operations aspect are over anyway.

Of what magnitude? 20 MPH accident is enough to throw people out from behind the wheel. 45 MPH will eject you from the vehicle. You can remain in control in both if you are wearing a seatbelt.

R_abbi_T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    LaPorte
    I would agree there are "lame" tickets. Seat belts tickets for one.

You know I got one of these (nanny) tickets while parked on the curb outside a construction site where my brother was working. I was waiting for him to come out and have lunch with me the day before I left the country. Not driving, not parking officer just roled past me turned around kicked his lights on and wrote me a ticket even though I explained the situation I was in. I left the next day and was gone 7 months with no way to pay the ticket so they suspended my drivers license and made me take classes to get my license back. His justification to me was that the curb was not a designated parking area, so I must wear a seat belt while stopped there.

I am sure these laws serve... some purpose but I don't know what it is. Except to let politicians pretend they are doing something productive.
    -just mine-:twocents:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    You know I got one of these (nanny) tickets while parked on the curb outside a construction site where my brother was working. I was waiting for him to come out and have lunch with me the day before I left the country. Not driving, not parking officer just roled past me turned around kicked his lights on and wrote me a ticket even though I explained the situation I was in. I left the next day and was gone 7 months with no way to pay the ticket so they suspended my drivers license and made me take classes to get my license back. His justification to me was that the curb was not a designated parking area, so I must wear a seat belt while stopped there.

I am sure these laws serve... some purpose but I don't know what it is. Except to let politicians pretend they are doing something productive.
    -just mine-:twocents:

3 years ago I got one too. Stopped at a traffic light, put the truck in park, unbuckled my seat belt kind of raised up so I could get my phone out of my jeans pocket, put seat belt back on, truck back into drive , light turned green and off I went until IMPD lit me up and proceeded to give me a naanystate seat belt ticket.
    Also got a parking ticket in downtown indy for being parked 6 minutes over on the meter.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Its a step in the right direction, but one step wont cover a mile.

I have no problem with some funding being used to educate LEGAL immigrants in learning the English language, but at the same time, these immigrants need to be footin some of the bill here too. Their education, they need to pay as well.

Likewise, my daughter should not have to be fluent in English and another language (Spanish) to be able to live in Logansport. Sadly being bilingual is almost neccessary anymore!

-MColford
    According to the last census, your town has about a 12% Hispanic/Latino population. Assuming ALL of them are non-English speaking immigrants (although like anywhere most of these percentages are made up of 2nd/3rd/etc generation), thats still not enough to need to know the language unless they're ALL in a position of authority. Why is it that such a small percentage sticks out so much to you?

Anywho, I don't really see what this bill accomplished other than making people stop *****ing about Dora the Explorer or whatever it is nowadays.

I think they could've been doing something more productive. Go figure eh?

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Of what magnitude? 20 MPH accident is enough to throw people out from behind the wheel. 45 MPH will eject you from the vehicle. You can remain in control in both if you are wearing a seatbelt.

You've not wrecked many vehicles have you? You hit something at 20 mph your not going to be able to control the vehicle, let alone 45. Saying your hitting something hard enough to cause you to be jarred away from the wheel. I've been out in some back country roads no seat belt on bouncing around the cab, vehicle still in my control. If i was to of hit something the vehicle would be most likely pushed past the point of saving it.

Seatbelts are a good way to ticket me.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Any accident of that magnitude, the operations aspect are over anyway.

I was in a collision with a semi on a major road just a few days ago. Destroyed my car in a big way. Had I not been wearing my seatbelt, it would have been a fatal accident. The combined rate of speed was right around 100 MPH. :twocents:

As far as texting while driving---Michigan has made it a ticketable offense to text while driving or talk on your phone (without a bluetooth device) while driving. I've lost track of the amount of times I have seen a LEO drive past me with the phone either firmly planted to their ear, or texting away. Obviously the law is not about public safety, and I can see now legitimate data concerning how the new law has made the roads safer. It's as unsafe as the person makes it. It's no different (and I'd argue much safer) than eating while driving, adjusting the radio while driving, etc. Texting while driving is just an easier thing for people to blame, and that makes them feel better. :twocents:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You've not wrecked many vehicles have you? You hit something at 20 mph your not going to be able to control the vehicle, let alone 45. Saying your hitting something hard enough to cause you to be jarred away from the wheel. I've been out in some back country roads no seat belt on bouncing around the cab, vehicle still in my control. If i was to of hit something the vehicle would be most likely pushed past the point of saving it.

Seatbelts are a good way to ticket me.

+1.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm kinda glad that "random thumbs up guy" necroposted this one....

I didn't hear about it and like it!

Top Bottom