• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I caught part of the story on channel 8 last night. They general tone was all about whether or not the hero could legally have a gun in the business, and nothing about the actions that resulted in saving the lives of the other victims. Typical.

They just don't get or they do get it and choose to exist in a state of constant intellectual dishonesty.

I've gotten to the point where I can't watch the local news any more. The vast majority (apart from being very biased) are just plain stupid. :nuts: (My apologies to any newstypes who might be a member here.) Sportscasters and weather(wo)men excepted, they have nothing going for them but good looks and a voice.

Their inane, vapid banter between segments makes me :puke:!!!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    WIBC was positive this morning... "grocery store employee already being called a hero" or something to that effect.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    The comments on the Herald-Times (Bloomington) of all places are mostly positive so far! Surprised me when reading them!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just saw this story on the 12News teaser for channel 6. They sure didn't mention "hero" anywhere.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Some of the HT comments are crazy, take this one for example:

I'm glad to see so many people are so excited about someone getting killed, and only four days before Christmas. The spirit of Jesus flows aggressively through your blood-engorged death wands.

Who cares about wussy garbage like solving the problems that caused the guy to walk into a store and wave a gun around, anyway? Screw that; I wanna kill a sumb#&$* fer Baby Jesus. Death makes me wanna make my own babies. YEAH!!!

I strongly believe in the Second Amendment, but you people are f#& sick in the head.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Anyone remember the flap last year or so, about the Pizza delivery guy who used a gun to defend himself from a robber and got fired by Dominos (or Pizza hut?). The media pretty much treated him the same way.

I guess that's one more burden among many that you'll get to face if you ever have to defend yourself.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The aforementioned scumbag has apparently been identified now, as one Christopher Barreto, age 23, of Indianapolis.

I don't know if Marion Co. has it, but some places have an online tool to let you search criminal proceedings by name of the accused. If anyone knows if Indy has that and can post how to access it, it would be appreciated.

Personally, I'd like to know what kind of scumbag the store employee stopped from committing further crimes.

Blessings,
    B

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I think the INDYstar should interview that woman with the baby who had a gun ponted to her head and was then saved by the employee if she thinks the gun laws should be strengthened. The bad guy would still have his gun but the good guy would be without his!!!! :twocents: :cool:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Six year sentence. Out in two years. Reoffended. Huh. Whodathunkit? Good effing riddance.

That store employee is going to get the biggest bonus of anyone, ever, and all he had to do was take out the trash.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom