• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Has anyone else had to work a claim through Farm Bureau? Their release form has information that I find a bit disturbing and they claim they will not budge on verbiage and have been using ONLY this one release form for years and years. I call BS but cannot find anything on simple net searches.

There could be further damages if State of Indiana or County decide there was a toxic spill caused by their insured. They claim they would still hold liability but their release claims otherwise. The release does not provide a time frame for payment but their representative claims payment would be made within six years (timeframe whereby I could file a lawsuit) but the form claims I have already received payment. The form also has me stating that my claim is doubtful.

I am the damaged party, I was not there at the time, this involves my land and a single vehicle accident.

Any thoughts or has anyone else seen or signed something different from them?

FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS

FOR THE SOLE CONSIDERATION of the payment to the undersigned(s) of the sum of REDACTED, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the undersigned(s), being of lawful age, do(es) hereby RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE REDACTED successor identified in interest with the party RELEASED, from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action, or suits of any kind or nature, in law or in equity, however arising, up to the date of this FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF ALL KNOWN CLAIMS and specifically for any injuries, known or unknown, to the person or to property, including any claim for loss of consortium, resulting or to result from an accident which occurred on or about REDACTED.

The terms of this FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS have been completely read and are fully understood by the undersigned(s), and is/are voluntarily accepted for the purpose of making a full and final compromise adjustment and settlement of all claims, disputed or otherwise, and for the express purpose of precluding the commencement or continuation of any litigation by the undersigned(s) against any party RELEASED.

The execution of this FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS is a voluntary act on the part of the undersigned(s). The undersigned(s) has/have not been influenced to any extent by any representations or statements made by the persons, firms, or corporations who are hereby RELEASED, or by any person or persons representing any party RELEASED.

It is mutually understood and agreed this settlement is the compromise of a doubtful and disputed claim, and the payment is not to be construed as an admission of liability on the part of any party RELEASED, by whom liability is expressly denied.

All existing liens, whether perfected now or in the future, medical or otherwise, are the responsibility of the undersigned(s) and will be paid by the undersigned(s) out of the proceeds of this settlement. The undersigned(s) will indemnify and hold harmless any party RELEASED from any claim or demand relating to any lien resulting from or related to the injuries incurred by the undersigned(s).

This FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS is the ENTIRE AGREEMENT between the parties and the terms of this RELEASE are contractual in nature and not a mere recital.

I/We further state that I/We have carefully read the foregoing RELEASE and know the contents thereof, and I/We sign same as My/Our own free act and deed

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wow...I would have your attorney review the release form for validity and compliance with the situation at hand! I've signed release forms before...after I placed my hand-written 'adjustments' on the form AND made copies for myself (actually, I sent the 'copy' back in...after signing both of them!)

On a side note...when I'm asked to sign release forms for work, I change the words 'personally responsible' to the name of the business I subcontract to...releasing me from any and all 'personal liability' with someone else's product! Why...because the insurance that covers their product is under the business name, not under my personal name. They get pissed every time...and I always ask, 'Do you want liability insurance coverage on this or not?'

Good thing you read the form...once you sign it, you're held to the letter...not to what someone else tells you! Tread carefully!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looks like a pretty standard release to me. Most companies only have one or two standard releases for general liability (unless you want to get into parent/guardian, uninsured motorist, etc.). If you are concerned about signing the release, talk to an attorney. If you are concerned about possible liability on you for the acts of another for the toxic spill, talk to an attorney.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like a pretty standard release to me. Most companies only have one or two standard releases for general liability (unless you want to get into parent/guardian, uninsured motorist, etc.). If you are concerned about signing the release, talk to an attorney. If you are concerned about possible liability on you for the acts of another for the toxic spill, talk to an attorney.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS...right now^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They make you seek legal advice. Best to do it.

I have dealt with FB and had issues with them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have dealt with them. They were the insurer for the party that totaled my GT. They were great considering I have 3-5x the cost of the GT's blue book value in powertrain alone. I spoke with the adjuster about this and said I would not accept blue book value as a payoff because it doesn't compensate me for the true market value (let alone the investment). The check came back at what I consider fair. Not really close to the market value, but way better than blue book. And they don't salvage title vehicles older than X when they are totaled and bought back by the owner.

On the plus side, they even made arrangements to send the docs and check to a local agency so I didn't have to wait as long for the check. All in all a very pleasant insurance experience. Given the 3 I've had to deal with in the last few years, it ranks right up there at the top.

Having said all that, I'm not sure what my experience, or anybody else's for that matter, relates to your experience. :) What happened that toxic spill is a possible issue here?

Top Bottom