• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, this is an interesting match. You've both peed about the same distance. I'd call it a draw and get on with the topic though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I do not understand the defensive crouch. It is time to fight, not run away.

When I assign someone a role in my game, they are playing whether they want to, whether they understand their role, or not.

Here's a small reveal: I'm always fighting.

Here's another: I'm always playing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Like a virus - How many other threads has that one thread infected now? Three? Four?

Wrote my letter, for what it's worth. Been two weeks since this was in the news, we'll see what comes from it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well that was weird.

To the topic:

I must confess, I have yet to write the letter. But I shall. My Rep (Tom Saunders) is a good guy, but I don't think this is too high on his priorities. He needs to at least know it is high on mine.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Writing emails is nice. Letters are better, but the real noise is made over tbe phone.

It's imperative that you call the office of your rep and Bosma. Talk to staffers. Be polite. They can ignore email and letters. They can't ignore phone calls. Calling is the most effective approach.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What were the consequences in the voting booth last time? None. And there won't be.

That's a fair statement. It's harder to make politicians accountable in a two-party system. In Indiana if the choice is between the Republican who let the bill die and a Democrat, most districts are going to go to the Republican either way, unless another Republican challenges. And all the first Republican has to do to win is show the evangelical bonafides. "I voted for RFRA". Done.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Like a virus - How many other threads has that one thread infected now? Three? Four?

More.

I love the virus analogy, try going a bit further with that. How did we beat smallpox?

I just knew we'd make it full circle to vaccinations ...eventually. ;)

We could only talk about deceptions so long before they all start cropping up. :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Would have to wait for the next legislative session?

Sometimes prior to the session, the IGA website will show some bills already introduced. Usually, those are non-controversial or are bills that won't be going anywhere, but not always. It's a moot point so far, though, because it presently shows nothing for the coming session. That could change as early as today or as late as the day after the deadline for introduced bills (or even after that, if we consider the so-called "vehicle bills".)

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We keep it up on all fronts: e-mail, letters, phone calls. It's cold out now, but when it warms up enough to OC do the masses exercise both 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment rights in front of the Statehouse?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    We keep it up on all fronts: e-mail, letters, phone calls. It's cold out now, but when it warms up enough to OC do the masses exercise both 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment rights in front of the Statehouse?

Drop leg holsters were created for cold days when you need to wear a coat. ;)
    Love my Safariland mid ride for thise cold days. Works best with the ALS holster.

Top Bottom