• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would love to just have the ability to cross over to IL to visit family and not having to lock up my gun. It would make me feel so much safer. I just came back from Chicago, having to drive a friend to and from a minor surgery and I was unarmed the whole time. I can't even have my pocket knives with me.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Weird... Why? If they want my state ID/drivers license, I have that, so whats the point of a "super permit"?

My super permit is a gold shiny badge that sez "Concealed Carry Permit". It also plays the Robotech theme song when I pull it out and shoots lasers...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would love to just have the ability to cross over to IL to visit family and not having to lock up my gun. It would make me feel so much safer. I just came back from Chicago, having to drive a friend to and from a minor surgery and I was unarmed the whole time. I can't even have my pocket knives with me.

What makes you think Illinois will recognize anything?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I don't think that's what you'll be getting...

Discussion starts at about post #152

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ndment/251671-2013_legislative_session-4.html

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I wouldn't like to see it as a DL endorsement, but I would certainly consider getting a optional upper tier license if it allowed me to carry in more states.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Just looked on in.gov and it appears it didn't pass the senate for third reading, unless I'm missing seething. Legislature isn't done until may but this past week was a deadline of sorts that will make this more difficult to pass now, if I'm reading it correctly...

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    What the heck is an Indiana CCW permit???:scratch: If this guy is such an authority on which he speaks why does he refer to the main topic of his discussion incorrectly? I'm so tired of ignorant statements and incorrect info being disseminated.

Top Bottom