• ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Any reports on wanding or anything? I know the convention center is fine for carrying, and I know the events stance on firearms, but curious as to the actual security measures in place by the event.

Thanks in advance!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's not my cup of tea anyway but if it were, I would boycott it just for using a Taylor Swift song as their advertising theme and playing it every single commercial break. :n00b:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Hard to not stop in and check out the sights at the comic con. I was there on friday and rhere was no securtiy checks that i saw.

WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    I just got home from the convention myself. From what i saw they weren't really checking weapons and absolutely no wanding or metal detectors. I know when i went to C2E2 a couple years ago all weapons had to be checked and have a blue zip tie on them to show they had been checked. I didn't really see any common markers like that (but i wasn't paying that close of attention either). I know when me and my friend were checking in they didn't ask us if we had weapons or anything to check, they just scanned our QR codes and handed us some badges. I will say there was a really decent police presence in the convention itself, i did not mind being disarmed there with so many officers about.

WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    Oh lord :facepalm: Perhaps i should have worded that better. I did mind not being able to carry my own weapon, but it wasn't an option both because of convention rules and my costume. But seeing a visibly armed officer (not a rent-a-cop with a taser, but honest to god police) about every 50 yards when i was at the convention made me feel a lot less like i was in a shooting gallery and more like someone was actually there to help if things went sideways.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Oh lord :facepalm: Perhaps i should have worded that better. I did mind not being able to carry my own weapon, but it wasn't an option both because of convention rules and my costume. But seeing a visibly armed officer (not a rent-a-cop with a taser, but honest to god police) about every 50 yards when i was at the convention made me feel a lot less like i was in a shooting gallery and more like someone was actually there to help if things went sideways.

Ya probably should have left out the "costume" part. Just sayin...

Top Bottom