• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Can anyone tell me which code protects me from my employer asking if I have a firearm in my vehicle?Also,what should I do in that situation?It hasn't happened yet,but it's a base I would like to have covered if the situation did arise.

IC 34-28-8-6

As for what to do, just tell them the ic that says you do not have to disclose this info. Just remember Indiana is an "at will" state, and you can be fired for any reason. So, you **** your employer off, and they can come up with a reason to fire you.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Also be sure to read IC 34-28-8-7

IC 34-28-8-7
    Civil action by employee or potential employee authorized when required to divulge firearm or ammunition information
    Sec. 7. (a) An individual aggrieved by what the individual believes is a violation of section 6 of this chapter may bring a civil action in a court with jurisdiction against a public or private employer or a public official that is alleged to have violated section 6 of this chapter.
    (b) If a person is found by a court in an action brought under subsection (a) to have violated section 6 of this chapter, the court may do the following:
    (1) Award:
    (A) actual damages;
    (B) court costs and attorney's fees; and
    (C) in the case of a knowing and willful violation, exemplary or punitive damages;
    to the prevailing plaintiff.
    (2) Enjoin further violations of this chapter.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While it is a violation of the law to lie to a police officer or to lie under oath in a court of law, I do not believe that there is any law against lying to your employer.

These two facts may or may not be related and may or may not be useful to you.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    While it is a violation of the law to lie to a police officer or to lie under oath in a court of law, I do not believe that there is any law against lying to your employer.

These two facts may or may not be related and may or may not be useful to you.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Got a cite?
    I've always heard it was illegal to lie to a federal agent, but not the run-of-the-mill po-po.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Got a cite?
    I've always heard it was illegal to lie to a federal agent, but not the run-of-the-mill po-po.

Bill, he is talking about False Informing. There are other Indiana statutes as well.

Oh, ok.
    :facepalm: on me.

On both of us, actually... I was thinking of "Obstruction of Justice", but the definition doesn't cover that action.

Thanks for the correction, gentlemen.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom